Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

This discussion is for everyone to introduce themselves. Let us know where you from. I'm from High Point, North Carolina. And have been making cakes for about a year but only seriously for about 4 mnths now.

Views: 1299

Replies to This Discussion

Hello All
I'm Lisa from California (the desert area). I took my first Wilton's class 5 years ago and am currently taking the decorating class which focuses on royal icing flowers and some gum paste/fondant techniques. I decorate cakes for friends and family just for fun...It is really cool to see a person's face when they receive a personalized cake just for them:)
I plan on taking the fondant class next:)
Hi, I am Lori from Panama City, FL. I am seriously a newby at this incredibly fun hobby! I am at the end of the second Wilton course and am really excited to take the next one. I have been baking since I was a little girl back in Wyoming and Iowa in 4H. My parents were both bakers and decorated my entire life but never taught us kids how to decorate so I am having a lot of fun and several a'ha moments finding out 'how they do that' and learning it for myself. Yesterday was my husbands birthday and I made my very first non-class cake. He wanted a geocaching cake and was very please with what I came up with. He posted a picture of it on his geocaching forums and already has requests from friends. I have a lot to learn before I take orders but it is nice that they liked it and it boosted my confidence a great deal as I was about to give up in the middle of the cake. I am really enjoying reading all the posts and am glad I found ya'll.
Hey all!! I'm Alonda and have been decorating cakes for about 1 year. I have been baking since I was 12. I will post pictures shortly. I am in King George, VA.
My name is Jess & I'm from upstate SC. I've been making cakes for the past 2 years. I've taken two of the Wilton courses, but got sidetracked w/ a bad business partner. Long story short, I've been "out of the kitchen" for about 6 months. I'm picking back up though, with my BFF. My daughter's birthday party is going to be my re-debut!!
I am new here, i just called up Wilton in my area, central valley new york and they are opening their cake decorating class this late August. Too bad, i wish i could start now, have basic skills but would love to learn more plus those fancy flowers and yes, the roses!!! I am a bread making instructor by profession, i use to have my own bakery but flew in here to New York to learn the culture and yes, study, study Cakes and Pastries. Which school do you think is the best for me? I do not want the 6 month classes though, maybe 1-2 times a weeks is fine.. When i arrived here 5 months ago, i was hooked on watching the Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, Challenge, etc., and so now, i am going around the internet to find a cake decorating school that i can go to... Le Cordon Bleu just called me, but it is in Orlando.Florida!! FCI?? do they have a cake decorating class? i want to specialize in this area, not much on pastries... i would appreciate your help...
Hi I'm in Queensland , Australia, living on the Sunshine Coast!. I have been doing cakes for about 7-8 years now, mostly for family and friends, but certainly in the last 2 years outside orders too. I have taken some classes, but also just self taught.
I love it!! i work full time, so mostly do them at night or on weekends.
Hello, my name is Amber and I live in WV. I took the first Wilton course in July and fell in love with decorating! I signed up for the second course for this month, but there wasn't enough people signed up so they cancelled it until next month. Until then, I am studying everything I can to learn on my own. Great to find this group!
I'm Melissa and I am from Danville, KY. I have been making cakes for my daughters birthdays and for family birthdays for 16 years but just recently dove into the world of fondant. I am self taught though would love to take some classes. I am a bookkeeper/ controller by day and make cakes when I can or when I have a request at night and weekends. I am currently doing a 6 tier stacked square offset quilted wedding cake for Saturday afternoon. It has been a job. Have a grooms cake to do also. The baking part is ok, but the decorating is what I love to do best. I just found this site but hope to find lots of good advise and ideas as well as meet other cake enthusiasts as well. Keep Baking!!
Hi I am from VA and I have been decorating for about 5mths and I have been just reading books, online and join forums to help improve my baking skills. I love learning new technics and looking at everyone's cakes they are so good and hope to be able to get to their skill level one.
Hi everyone ! I'm from Warsaw, NC I have been making cakes since i was young but now im taking it in a serious direction i have just started about 2 months ago im trying to learn the tricks and trades so i can become the new cake boss lol :)
Hello fellow cakers, I am from Toronto. In order for me to feed my cravings for cakes and anything sweet I try out different recipes to the delight of my family and friends. I have been baking for some time now but nothing fancy, simple cakes with chocolate topping on top, muffins. 4 months ago a friend of mine told me about the cake decoration classes at Michales, Oh Boy !!!!!!!!!!!!! I jumped. I am still a novice at decorating (never comes out the way I want it to) but I intend to keep trying. Finding this website was fantastic, everybody is so encouraging and always ready to help, I am truly addicted to this site. I wish I was not working and could just bake and decorate all day long LOL.
Hi Everyone ,

My name is Chandell from Newfoundland, I am a self taught or as i like to put it I have a youtube/ google education when it comes to cake decorating : ) I have been decorating cakes for about 2 and a half years, aftering watching a Ace of Cakes marathon on Food Network I decided that I was going to do that....and well I did. I had a great summer doing lots of wedding cakes and a few birthday cakes here and there. Although I tend to make most of my birthday cakes for friends and family. I love to challenge myself with different cakes all the time and love to make cakes look realistic. I still have a ton to learn and feel that I am always evloving with my cakes. Looking forward to learning new tips and tricks from everyone and also helping where I can : )

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service