Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

This discussion is for everyone to introduce themselves. Let us know where you from. I'm from High Point, North Carolina. And have been making cakes for about a year but only seriously for about 4 mnths now.

Views: 1299

Replies to This Discussion

I am from Cambridgshire England. I decorated my first cake two years ago but have become more interested in the last 6 months

I'm from Murfreesboro, TN. I started cake decorating a little over a year ago..after my first Wilton class at Michael's. Thanks for all the great ideas! Kim

Hello everyone...I am from PA. I have taken the Wilton Cake Courses, which I loved and I have only been doing cakes for a little while.  I have always made cakes, but not on this level. I really enjoy doing them. It lets the creativity come alive and is a lot of fun.  I have not done the fondant and gum paste course yet but I think that is in the very near future.

Hello everyone! I'm in Central Florida (Frostproof to be exact). I've had no lessons in decorating, everything I know I've looked at other's cakes online and thought, hmm I can probably do that and then set about practicing what I saw. I'm SUPER new to the cake decorating world. Just did my first complete cake a few days ago. Looking forward to the next one (most likely this weekend). My first cake for others to see will be for my daughter's birthday in 2 weeks. Wish me luck! Happy caking!!

Hi, Im from staten island, ny but recently relocated to rock hill sc to be near family. Im very new to cake decorating. took one wilton decorating class at the local Michaels craft store, and now im hooked. Been learning so much from the internet and books from the library. Ive made a few cakes, learning as I go. 

Hello everyone! My name is Carol and I am from Illinois. I started doing cakes in September or October of last year I believe it was, so roughly 4 or 5 months. I am all self taught with no training and I am totally addicted lol. I have done some cakes for people and each time I swear it's going to be my last because I get so stressed out....but then I am right back in it a day or two later (sometimes just a couple hours later lol). I really look forward to sharing with others who are new at this and are not creating "masterpieces" and making my cakes look like garbage :)

Hi All

My name is June Kowalczyk from Burlington, Ont., Canada. I belong to 4 groups on CWB.   Self Taught Cake Decorators, Amateur Cake Decorators, Canuck Cakers, Canadian Cake Cecorators.

I took a basic cake course when my children, now 31 & 28, were very small. Made simple character cakes & such. Fast forward, and my neice was getting married, 5 yrs ago, and I offered to make her wedding cake. I had seen fondant, and since I was a pie baker, knew it couldn't be that hard to roll out..right?? But being a pretty experienced baker & a "crafty" person, I dove right in. Have taken a few lessons, but mostly self taught. I have been "hooked" as others have said.

I agree with Carols statement above. I get so stressed making & dilivering...I say to myself..are you nuts!!!!

But I am just a hobby baker, not making cakes on a regular basis. Newly retired as well, so have more time to "play" with my hobby!!!

Hi I'm from Paramribo,Suriname(South America).I have been decorating cake for about a  year now,and I love it .

Hi. I live in Greenville, SC. Found this site for information and signed up! I'm not a baker, I just do it for fun. Due to my work schedule, I've only taken one Wilton class. I've can't even make a flower! But, I have fun pretending! I bake from scratch. Good at making cakes, just not sure about decorating. Which is odd b/c I have a eye for "putting the finish touch" on things. I bake and give the goodies away! I would like to be / get good enough to sale cupcakes at our deli. My profile picture is of a KeyLime cake I seem to have mastered!

Welcome Monique & Gina

This is a gret sie. Good friends, good information.

I'm from Philadelphia, PA and I am taking online cake decorating classes. I started the classes in Sept. 2011. I would love to take Wilton classes but my job doesn't allow the time. I really like this website, for sharing information
Welcome Eleanor. :0)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service