Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

This discussion is for everyone to introduce themselves. Let us know where you from. I'm from High Point, North Carolina. And have been making cakes for about a year but only seriously for about 4 mnths now.

Views: 1299

Replies to This Discussion

Just found this site.  I'm from Panama City, FL area.
Hi Lindsay C,    I'm new as well and live near Monroeville.  Have you found it's difficult finding classes around this area, other than Wilton classes at the local Michael's?

Lindsay C said:
Freedom PA I only been making cakes for a lil less than a year./ I enjoy it alot

Hi all,

I'm from the Pittsburgh area in Western PA. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend baking.

I am am Patti Schwartz and I am from St Charles MO.  St Charles is just northwest of St Louis and considered part of St Louis metro area.  I have been baking for years and I am the person who always bakes my coworkers birthday cakes.  I worked at a large company one time and everyone called me the cake lady and often ask if they could buy a cake.  I had 4 teenagers at the time an didn't feel comfortable to sell my cakes.  After making my twin grandson's 3rd birthday cakes this year I decided to start selling my cakes.  I have an order for my biggest cake so far...it is due May 1st and will feed 100 people!  I am very excited to make it and can't hardly sleep thinking about it...I will post pictures.

HI everyone.  My name is Kim, I currently reside in South Carolina.  I grew up in California but spent the last 12 yrs in Texas before I made it to the East Coast.  I started taking baking seriously when we moved to SC.  I scratch bake and am always trying new things!  I bake and send it to work with my boyfriend.  They love me!

I am still figuring out a Buttercream that I like the flavor of.  I have mastered a chocolate...but the others taste too buttery to me!  I will figure it out!  Would love to hear from others!

HI! Im from Salem Oregon. I have been making cakes for my family and friends for a couple years now. Have never taken any classes. everything I have learned is from online and self taught. I would love to take a class some day maybe.
I've lived in London, United Kingdom for the past 9 years and am originally from Cape Town, South Africa.  I did a cake decorating course in London with a friend  a couple of years ago and found I really enjoyed it, especially flowers - went on to do the advanced course.  I've only really made cakes for friends' birthdays and now a friend of a friend has asked me to do her wedding cake for this coming Saturday!! I'm extremely nervous but I know it'll come out well! It's going to be a chocolate orange sponge covered in chocolate roll out icing (fondant) and blue ribbon.
I'm from Plano, TX. A working mom with a love for cake decorating.
Hi, I'm from Manchester in the United Kingdom. I've been baking cakes for years but have only recently started making them for friends. I now need to decorate more.  I absolutely love creating, it is so much fun, but I'm realising that there is a much bigger world of cake decorating out there than I imagined. And so much equipment and glitter! XD
Hi, My name is Kevin Jackson. I'm from Virginia. I have been decorating cakes for approx. 1yr. I have made 4 wedding cakes, several birthday cakes and 1 anniversary cake. I really love it and wish I had more time for it. I look forward to seeing all the helpful posts, and maybe helping someone myself.
Hello , my name is michelle and i have been baking for a few years now, but want to become a serious baker in the cupcake world . Love those cupcakes.I  also love all the pics of the beautiful cake on this site. Just amazing.
Michelle here again , am from the Las Vegas valley.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service