Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

It's Arrived......Our Cricut Cake Test Machine Came in Today

So this afternoon someone told me that a box from Provo Craft has been sitting by the freight door all day.  I ran to see what they were talking about.  Sure enough, IT IS HERE!!!!!  Ladies and Gentlemen, fellow Cakes we Bake friends and family, we are officially testing a Cricut Cake in daily retail production. 

For those of you who would like to know if the Cricut Cake is just a glorified Cricut Expression, we will know soon.  We currently run 4 Cricut Expressions in daily production to the tune of 6 to 8 hours on a busy day - so the Cricut Cake will have to prove itself.

I posted the first pictures of the Cricut Cake below and will post frequent updates over the next few days on our website at http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com

I am soooooooooooooo excited and can't wait to share.

Views: 1575

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

have fun i am so ready for it to come out
I'm so drooling ! I will be awaiting your opinion! I'm trying to be patient and wait until the release but my daughter's birthday is coming up at the end of next month and from what I understand you can't purchase the cartridge that comes with the Cake.
can you if so when can we get it at
If you want to preorder the cricut cake you can do so with Diamondstarcrafts.com. Libby is great to work with and I order things from her all the time. She is taking pre-orders for it I think she said the orders go out in Arpil or May.
her email is diamondstarcrafts@gmail.com She is more into the paper crafts but orders from provo craft and can get the cake machine.

Let us all know how you like it! I am debating.... I have the expression but I use it for my cards & scrapbooking so I don't want to mix it with the sugar....
I do love the red... it matches my kitchen :-) What cartridges do you like best in your shop? I have 8 of them but not so sure that they are "cake friendly"
WHile this seems pretty cool - and I can see how it would be fabulous for commercial bakeries - as a home baker it seems to take all the artistry out of cake decorating. :( This makes me a little sad.
Eileen,
In a way I see your point, however if you use any type of cutter you are doing the same thing. Mostly we use it to cut shapes such as hearts for valentie's day. Where I am limited on the size of heart I can cut with my manual cutters (only have two sizes) I can adjust (with one knob) from 1/4" to 12" depending on what I need. Just because someone can cut a shape does not mean they know what to do with it. As far as the scroll cake earlier in the post, I have done that by hand also. Using the cricut I was able to do the design in 4 hours, doing it by hand 14 hours. I am being just as creative. It is still a one of a kind design. The customer is happy because instead of paying $2800 she is paying $800 for the design not including the cake. In the end I am in this business to make money, and although $2800 is more money, more than likely she would go somewhere else and try to find something cheeper.
I saw this being demoed at the Arts & Crafts Super Show in Anaheim. I have a Cricut Expression and love it for my paper crafts. I would love to have the Cricut Cake, especially if I can use the cartridges I already have. Can't wait to hear your comments. Have fun.
I meant to post this last night, but didn't leave work until 10:30pm so when I got home I crashed. I decided what I would do is take pictures of the Expression and the Cake so everyone could see up close the physical differences. Please click on the link below to go to my blog, as there are to many photos to post at once.

I think you forgot the link :-) must have been tierd huh? I agree Jennifer that using the cricut is not any different than using any of the wide variety of cutters we have. What I like about the cricut is that you can use the same design on different size tiers but make it smaller or larger to fit what you are doing. After spending 32 hours on the lace for a cake in Sept and the $$$ on all of the silicone molds for it... I am more interested in the cricut cake all the time. I agree it will cut down the hours a ton. There is a special on the Ultimate Cake Off on Monday evening and the pro's are using the cricut in their designs. EVEN NORM DAVIS!!! Sometimes we must use the term... working Smarter not Harder.... The cricut will never replace hand piping etc but anything that is done in gumpaste or fondant.

I would love to know which cardridges you would suggest though. I am leaning more and more to getting another one for cake!!!
Oh! I wasn't trying to dis anyone - I'm sorry if I came across that way. :) I understand it would make life a LOT easier for people doing a lot of cakes and would help make beautiful cakes more affordable.
I must have been tired :) here it is http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com

jeri c said:
I think you forgot the link :-) must have been tierd huh? I agree Jennifer that using the cricut is not any different than using any of the wide variety of cutters we have. What I like about the cricut is that you can use the same design on different size tiers but make it smaller or larger to fit what you are doing. After spending 32 hours on the lace for a cake in Sept and the $$$ on all of the silicone molds for it... I am more interested in the cricut cake all the time. I agree it will cut down the hours a ton. There is a special on the Ultimate Cake Off on Monday evening and the pro's are using the cricut in their designs. EVEN NORM DAVIS!!! Sometimes we must use the term... working Smarter not Harder.... The cricut will never replace hand piping etc but anything that is done in gumpaste or fondant.

I would love to know which cardridges you would suggest though. I am leaning more and more to getting another one for cake!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service