Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I have been out of the loop for the last 9 days.   I ended up flat in bed with my ruptured disc flared up.... it was so severe the only thing I could do is lay flat on my back... had an MRI on the 14th... the Pain Management doc gave me another steroid injection on the 21st... that was a waste... did not even touch it.    I went in yesterday and doc came in and ask how I was... I said not so good... then he asked when I would be ready for surgery.... I said TODAY.... I just wanted the pain to stop... he siad ok... I went straight from his office to the hospital had surgery and was home walking free of pain in my leg by 11 p.m.   I have been like a little kid today loving walking out side enjoying my gardens and all the flowers....

Had to cancel a wedding cake this weekend but am going to do one next weekend.... but my niece will be doing all the lifting... rolling etc.   I get to do the fun part and decorate.  Feel oh so good to be upright again!  I missed you all!!!

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm very happy that now you are pain free! =)
Jeri, I'm so glad you're well again!!! Yay! Just take care of yourself and don't over do it. :)
Wow! I'm so happy that you are pain free!!! Welcome back and be very careful.
Hugs,
Sher
I'm glad you are ok now , if only you live nearby I would've send you ( feel better cupcakes)
Awesome..welcome back and I pray for a speedy recovery for you..lookign forward to your wonderful creations ....have a great weekend..restful i hope :)
So glad you are feeling better. I'm amazed that your doc did surgery on the same day you asked for it. Hope you continue to feel better and better. Don't overdo anything!
Thanks everyone... My doctor is a wonderful person and I have already been dreaming up the thank you I am going to do for him... maybe a figure of him or something... or maybe a box of great cupcakes... something because he's made my life amazing!
wow, what an ordeal! glad you are recovered! God bless!
Sorry to hear you were in so much pain Jeri. I'm glad that you are recovering nicely and hope that things get better for you. It's good that you have your niece to help out also.
Hugs Jeri....so glad that all has turned out great...you were missed and we are happy to have you back!!!
Glad to hear you are well again.
My hubby has a strained disc and when it flares up, he will be waking up screaming in pain .. he gets very bad muscle crams in the calves but the chiropratic says the problem is from his disc...

Im been so bogged down with so many problems that I have not been active in any of my usual forums.

Will be coming back ... soon.
It is probably from the disc. My pain would start in my upper thigh and work down the back of my leg getting more intense as it went down the leg. By the time it got to the ankle I would think my ankle was breaking. All down the right side. The pain is incredible.

Nur Ainee Muhammad said:
Glad to hear you are well again.
My hubby has a strained disc and when it flares up, he will be waking up screaming in pain .. he gets very bad muscle crams in the calves but the chiropratic says the problem is from his disc...

Im been so bogged down with so many problems that I have not been active in any of my usual forums.

Will be coming back ... soon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service