Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Enter your Halloween cake by Monday, November 1st for a chance to win. Add the photo to your profile and label the title Halloween Cake Contest. All entries will be featured at the top of the photos page. Sponsored by SugarEd Productions andA&H Cake Design.

1st place: "Bows & Boxes" set of 2 dvds by Sharon Zambito of SugarEd Productions. Please visit Sharon's website for more details about this dvd set.

2nd place: Gourmet Decorators Pen Set from A&H Cake Design.

Please enter only ONE photo per entry. You may enter as many cakes as you like. Voting will take place from November 2nd to November 8th. The top 10 cakes will be displayed on November 9th and will be determined by the number of people selecting it as their favorite. Judges will vote on November 10 - 11. The winners will be posted on November 12th.

A & H Cake Design offers the some of the lowest prices on cake
decorating supplies. They also have quick & reasonable shipping
rates.

The winner will also be featured in A&H Cake Design's newsletter and
on their website.

Congratulations Julie F and Paul Joachim:

Julie F

Paul Joachim:

Views: 954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, to extending the date. Any Halloween cakes I did this year would be for Halloween on Oct 30th or 31st.
Extending the deadline is a good idea. Most halloween parties and activities are around that time, which means more cakes!
Hello Karen

That is a great idea bec I am a biginner and I want to make at least one cake for the contest but I known that I going to competed with the advance decorators......

Karen Vazquez said:
Hi Theresa...

I think it would be a great idea if in the future the contests were separated into two categories: Amateurs and Advanced. I speak for myself here...i think it will encourage people to submit their creations. I know back five years ago when I started doing cakes again I could not compete with a lot of the bakers who already had been doing cakes for 20-25 years, so I sort of stopped participating. I think it would be great for the judges too so that they could take this into consideration when judging :-). XOXO!!!!
That is a great idea and I do agree for beginners to have also a contest but I am still going for the Halloween contest..... :)

Theresa Happe said:
I just want to add that a few months back, we had a winner who had only been decorating cakes for 4 months. There is no reason to be afraid to enter a contest. I have 2 cake decorating websites and let me tell you, professional cakes blow mine away! I'm still learning a lot of the newer techniques. I'm from the age of foo foo cakes.

We're all here to help each other grow. So, rather than be embarrassed, a contest is an opportunity to challenge yourself and ask for feedback that will help you learn. Believe me, I know a lot more people will feel more confident if we have a beginner's category, so here's an idea for everyone to vote on for now:

How about I make the next contest a beginner's contest only? Of course, we have to rely on people telling the truth, so it's an honor system.

Jeannine Sikora said:
I think this is a great idea. I know I can't compete with a lot of people here.....

June Kowalczyk said:
Yes, I think an extension to Oct 31 is a good idea. Here in Canada we are celebrating Thanksgiving, and it is a busy time.
And if I may be so bold Theresa, I would also like to suggest the contests be in catagories. ie: Novice/Beginner( decorator),
Experienced/Intermidiate, Expert/Professional ( owns/runs there own business )
I always try to aspire to decorate as well as the professionals who display on this site, but as a novice I cannot compete with
there experience and expertice.
Thanks for the extending time!!!
Although I didn't read all the replies there is a thought that I didn't see so far.
I do not do hallowe'en. I do fall theme. Would that be the same? Or can you include that in the overall theme?
if extending the date will help achieve the purpose.as for me,don't do halloween cakes.
yeah let's extend the date please.....
yes for professional and amateur or hobbyist categories!
I think the closer to Halloween date would be great. Speaking for myself, I don't want the cake to go to waste, so when I make one I would like to make it for Halloween as well. :)
I have a couple of cakes I am doing, as well as cupcakes and cookies. I find at Hallowe'en that cookies and cupcakes are far more popular than cake. Extending the date works well, though, especially if there is an extra day tagged on the end for those of us that are "pooped" after the festivities.
this is late in response to your query - I don't make cakes for Hallowe'en - not CAKE cakes - but I do make visually unappetizing :) but delicious tasting gross edibles (one year was 'veins, brains and eyeballs' - another was 'eyeballs' and 'dust/couch crumb bunnies', another was kitty litter cake - and this year I'm going to prepare Rock Snot Cupcakes (at least that is the plan)) - so my question is - does it have to be CAKE cake?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service