Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

hello i am very new in this field,,,,i can make cakes but weak in frosting and icing,,,,anyone can help me in this point??

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my Rahila

There are as many icings as your imagination.  There is buttercream made with butter, butter & shortening, or just shortening. There is Swiss/Italian Meringue Buttercream.... etc.  You can go into the recipe section here under forums, and type in icing or frosting.... lots & lots of pages will come up.

You can also google icing recipes on the web, and lots of info & recipes will pop up. Just a matter of trying out... trial & error.  :o)

thanxx for reply lune:),,,,are butter and shortening are same???when i mix butter and icing sugar instead of getting thick it get creamy,,,,,i tried to make cheese cream icing ...the same result with that,,,,how much time a good icing take to get thick
June Kowalczyk said:

Oh my Rahila

There are as many icings as your imagination.  There is buttercream made with butter, butter & shortening, or just shortening. There is Swiss/Italian Meringue Buttercream.... etc.  You can go into the recipe section here under forums, and type in icing or frosting.... lots & lots of pages will come up.

You can also google icing recipes on the web, and lots of info & recipes will pop up. Just a matter of trying out... trial & error.  :o)

No Rahila

Butter comes from a Cow. Shortening is a vegatable fat. That is Ok if your icing is creamy, this is what you want. Did you taste it? If it tastes good to you, it will taste good to others.  My recipe is usually 1/2 cup butter ( or margarine ), 1/2 cup shortening, a teaspoon or so of  flavoring or extract....  vanilla, almond, whaterver you prefer, and just a few drops of milk or water.  You ask how long to make your icing thick??  Thick icing is used for piping accents on your cake... a border, flowers, etc.  The more icing sugar you add, the thicker your icing will be.  You want medium consistency to spread your icing.

If you go on YouTube, you can find videos of how to make buttercream icing.

Hope this helps.   :o)

thank u so much ,,,u r so nice,,,,yeah i want thick icing for piping,,,for making border and flowers...u add ur recipe but didnt mention the icing sugar,,,if u dont mind to add ,,,,,may b i dont add shortening,,,so it didnt get thick icing,,,,i will try again :)

June Kowalczyk said:

No Rahila

Butter comes from a Cow. Shortening is a vegatable fat. That is Ok if your icing is creamy, this is what you want. Did you taste it? If it tastes good to you, it will taste good to others.  My recipe is usually 1/2 cup butter ( or margarine ), 1/2 cup shortening, a teaspoon or so of  flavoring or extract....  vanilla, almond, whaterver you prefer, and just a few drops of milk or water.  You ask how long to make your icing thick??  Thick icing is used for piping accents on your cake... a border, flowers, etc.  The more icing sugar you add, the thicker your icing will be.  You want medium consistency to spread your icing.

If you go on YouTube, you can find videos of how to make buttercream icing.

Hope this helps.   :o)

DEAR JUNE ......I MADE TWO FONDANT CAKE,,,MY FIRST TRY,,,,,ONE IS SIMPLE FONDANT...OTHER ONE IS MARSHMALLOW...HAVE A LOOK

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service