Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

FOUND THIS RECIPE FOR BUTTERCREAM MADE WITH FLOUR ! HAS ANY1 TRYED THIS ?

Yield:

3

cups

Units: US | Metric

Directions:

  1. 1
    Place flour in a saucepan. Slowly add creamer and water, stirring to eliminate lumps. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool in the refrigerator about 1 hour.
  2. 2
    In mixer bowl combine sugar, margarine and vanilla. Beat at high speed at least 10 minutes. Gradually add the cooled flour mixture and beat until fluffy. Yield: 3 cups.
  3. 3
    Hitech Cooking.

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

don't over whip after you add your flour mixture it start to brake ! but this is so yummy , I don't know yet if it crust ! ? i' will let you know !

Attachments:

Hey Gail - didn't Linda do something like this on her Beer Stein cake?  I think I remember something about her saying it had flour in it........................


I just had this on chocolate cake , OMG , !! its the best buttercream I ever had , amazing
Katy Nott said:

Hey Gail - didn't Linda do something like this on her Beer Stein cake?  I think I remember something about her saying it had flour in it........................

Using coffee creamer is a "modern" twist on a very old recipe. The usual recipe uses milk in the flour paste.

The paste must be cold when added to the creamed butter - otherwise it will melt the butter ending up with "gloop"

The recipe can be made using cornstarch, [most starches] or a mixture of wheat flour/cornstarch.

You may also know it as heritage, boiled, flour, cooked flour, gravy, cloudburst or whipped frosting, mock cream, and even "French buttercream"

The most common recipe:

5 Tablespoons Flour
1 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Butter
1 cup Granulated Sugar 

thank you , I will try this one to ; )

suziq auzzi said:

Using coffee creamer is a "modern" twist on a very old recipe. The usual recipe uses milk in the flour paste.

The paste must be cold when added to the creamed butter - otherwise it will melt the butter ending up with "gloop"

The recipe can be made using cornstarch, [most starches] or a mixture of wheat flour/cornstarch.

You may also know it as heritage, boiled, flour, cooked flour, gravy, cloudburst or whipped frosting, mock cream, and even "French buttercream"

The most common recipe:

5 Tablespoons Flour
1 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Butter
1 cup Granulated Sugar 

Yes Gali, I've tried it before. For me, it tastes good but not as good as the buttercream without flour.

I LIKE IT BETTER  its not to sweet and greasy , it duz crust a little when you leave it out !did you try both ?


how do you like it ?
suziq auzzi said:

Using coffee creamer is a "modern" twist on a very old recipe. The usual recipe uses milk in the flour paste.

The paste must be cold when added to the creamed butter - otherwise it will melt the butter ending up with "gloop"

The recipe can be made using cornstarch, [most starches] or a mixture of wheat flour/cornstarch.

You may also know it as heritage, boiled, flour, cooked flour, gravy, cloudburst or whipped frosting, mock cream, and even "French buttercream"

The most common recipe:

5 Tablespoons Flour
1 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Butter
1 cup Granulated Sugar 

Me? 

I used it a lot when I was first married [thirty odd years ago] but as my children are coeliac, I now use either cornstarch or potato starch in place of wheat flour. At a pinch, tapioca starch does okay also.

My proportions are:

2 AU tablespoons in 1 AU cup milk [8 ts in 250 ml] with 250 g butter and 220 g caster sugar..


thank you ! now I know ; ) my daughter is also ; /
suziq auzzi said:

Me? 

I used it a lot when I was first married [thirty odd years ago] but as my children are coeliac, I now use either cornstarch or potato starch in place of wheat flour. At a pinch, tapioca starch does okay also.

My proportions are:

2 AU tablespoons in 1 AU cup milk [8 ts in 250 ml] with 250 g butter and 220 g caster sugar..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2023   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service