Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Has anyone used melted candy melts and Wilton's fondant blended together to make the fondant taste better?? Will that work?? Want to make a few flowers from fondant but that stuff taste "yuckie".

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you ever considered making marshmallow fondant?  Liz Marek has a recipe that you mix some of the Wilton with Marshmallow fondant and everyone raves about the taste & texture.  If you are interested in trying it, here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJCUy3ezRxE

I just printed a recipe from Martha Stewart for a fondant + white molding chocolate.  A few women at my cake club use it and say their customers love it.  Posted last week I was making some..... haven't got around to it. So I can't give a review. :o)

Thanks Goreti, I'll have to give that recipe a try.

Thanks June, I'll check out Martha's site.

I have some candy melts & a little W. fondant. I'm going to try it out. I'll let you know if it works.

Yes, do Betty....... :o)

I've never used Wilton fondant, being in the UK.  But I'm amazed that they continue to make it - I haven't heard one person say it isn't yucky!  Why do they bother?

Guessing Katy
That in some areas, if you don't make your own, that is all that is available. My craft store for a long time that is all they stocked. Wilton is linked with the cake courses they teach. Hence the plethora of Wilton products, including fondant. They now sell Duff fondant, which is actually Satin Ice. For years, until I joined this site, didn't know I could make my own. I can't afford to order fondant online. The weight for shipping is a killer. Thank goodness I have 2 cake warehouses near me. I'm fortunate.

I tried it ( mixing candy melts & "that" fondant) and it worked , at least for my cut out flowers and the taste was much much better. Tasted "almost" like Duffs. The candy melts were white vanilla, I only mixed a small amount together, put my color in and just kneaded it together. It rolled out fine & they held there shape after i cut them out. Had to make 72 small flowers for cupcakes. I know the homemade is better but this will work in a pinch.

Thanks for the info Betty - useful for all to know

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service