Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Enter your cake decorated with piped figures by Friday, February 18th for a chance to win. Add the photo to your profile and label the title Figure Piping Contest. All entries will be featured at the top of the photos page. You may enter as many cakes as you like, but please enter only 1 photo per cake entry.

Sponsored by CakeSuppliesPlus.com. Cake Supplies Plus offers a wide selection of cake decorating supplies, books and videos.

FYI, figure piping is figures such as animals or people that are piped on to a cake using an icing bag.

1st place: Cupcake Figure Piping Video by Roland Winbeckler.

2nd place: 3D Cake Cartooning Book by Roland Winbeckler

The top ten cakes will be determined by the number of people selecting them as their favorites. Voting will take place from Saturday, February 19th to Wednesday, February 23rd.

To vote, select the cake you want to vote for and click on it. Scroll down the page and look for favorite which is beneath the photo. Click on favorite to vote. You may vote for as many cakes as you like. Courteous comments are welcome, but do not count towards the vote.

Please do not solicit votes on other websites. If we discover someone cheated, that person's cake will be disqualified.

Judges will vote from February 24th - 26th.  The winners will be posted on February 28th.

Congratulations, Sandy Morgenstern and Danielle Gouldthorpe!

Sandy Morgenstern

Danielle Gouldthorpe

Views: 937

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I have a hard time ...  Were do we go to see those picture people will put up for the contest...
Not understanding what figure piping is exactly,  with the pics that i have seen submitted, can someone explain what this means, like piping clownes , flowers or what ? not sure sorry , there doesnt seem to be a theme to this contest,, i thought it would have been like valentines theme or something , Please help LOL
Yes, I do see people are misunderstanding. Piped figures are figures created with icing on a cake.
So you mean figures like people or animals ? any other type of figures?  & Thanks for the responce Theresa
what i understand is not a cake made in an animal form or thing like that, it would be a little animal piped on the cake..   and again since i din't get a feedback, were do we go to see these picture that are entered in the contest i have a hard time with that since i am new to the site
Hi Sonia, if you click on "photos" at the top of the website, the contest pictures are all in the featured photos at the top of the new page. :)
I really wasn't sure either but I did enterd a couple that were created with just icing.  When I saw the prizes and that they were from Roland Winbeckler I assumed that they were to be like the cakes he creates.  He creates sculptures using only buttercream.  The cakes that I entered are similar to what he does so I hope that I interpreted it right. I started with mostly a flat cake and piped in buttercream to sculpt the features.
By the way if I am interpreting it wrong could someone over the contest please let me know.
EEEEEKKKKK I have not piped a figure since I started using fondant and gumpaste... Maybe time to revisit an old skill????  hmmmmmm
I have a photo that has piped fruits and veggies on it and I marked it Figure Piping Contest but it doesn't show up. The other one I have does, any suggestions?
I am with you on that... I was unclear too when I saw some of the submissions.  I was thinking of the piped figures that are 3D too but there are a lot more variations entered.

Paul Cotter said:
I'm still a little confused on the definition of piped figures based on what I'm seeing in the submissions.  I don't do any piping yet.  But I want to make sure my voting reflects the correct interpretation of the theme.  My interpretation is that piped figures means three dimensional figures (people animals etc) piped on top of a cake...kind of like those clowns they do in the Wilton class, but the operative word here being three dimensional.  But most of the submissions are flat, two dimensional piping.   Am I being too literal, or is either okay?
I thought they would be 3-D too, but most of the slubmissions seem to be 2-D.  I have yet to  try the 3-D piping.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service