Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

If you could please tell me what your favourit vanilla or white scratch cake recipe is. I have been on an endless search for a perfect vanilla scratch cake so I dont have to doctor mixes anymore. I just am having no luck:(

Views: 477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi am looking for the same thing can u help me

Best Vanilla cake ever!!!

Yvonne Dippenaar said:

French Vanilla Sour Cream Cake - Winbeckler Recipe

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups all-purpose sifted flour

1 tsp. salt

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. double acting baking powder

1/4 cup butter, softened

1/3 cup vegetable oil

3 whole eggs, room temperature

1/2 cup lukewarm water

1 small pkg. dry instant vanilla pudding mix

1 cup sour cream

1 t. real vanilla

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Brush pan with pan coat (equal parts shortening, vegetable oil, and flour mixed together).

First combine by hand flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in mixer bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix with mixer on low speed. Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes until well blended.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 F until center tests done (toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).

This is a dense cake--carves well. Makes approx. 5-1/2 cups batter.

VANILLA CAKE

INGREDIENTS

1 cup room temperature unsalted butter (225gm)
1 ¾  cups sugar (350gm)
5 room temperature eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour (360gm)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or essence
1 ¼ cup non-fat buttermilk (250ml)

TIP: You can make buttermilk at home. Take 1 cup room temperature milk and add 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice. Let this stand for 5-10 minutes and then use accordingly. :)

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 180C.

Grease and put some parchment in your pans. Then grease the parchments as well and dust with a bit of flour.

Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape sides of bowl every few minutes using the whisk attachment or a rubber spatula. This is crucial. Otherwise you’re going to be left with chunks of butter in your finished batter. So make sure you cream it well and don’t rush! :)

Add eggs one at a time. Making sure each egg is perfectly incorporated before you add another. If you skip too quickly past this stage, you will have a cake that smells of eggs because the bits of egg that aren’t fully beaten in will bake separately in the cake and it will be like having scrambled eggs cooking in your cake, eww! So incorporate the eggs whenever you reach this stage for any cake recipe!! Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl after every few eggs. Add vanilla.

Add flour and buttermilk in three alternative pours, starting and ending with flour. Mix on slow speed and scrape the bowl during the process. I know, it’s a pain in the butt. It’s worth it. At this stage do NOT over mix, just combine until the batter is incorporated. Over mixing can ruin your cake.

Once everything is well incorporated, use a plastic spatula to fold the batter a few more times to make perfectly sure you’ve got everything will mixed.

Divide the batter between your cake pans. Bake in preheated oven for twenty-five to forty minutes. Check for doneness by pressing gently on the cake. If you leave an indent, not done. If it bounces back gently without leaving a mark, done. You can use a toothpick to check also. Don’t over bake the cake! :)

Let the cake cool in the pan for a few minutes then turn it out onto a rack to finish cooling completely.

any Gluten free recipe?

Sabiha or anyone else who has tried this receipe,

Question, what size cake pans are you using in this recipe? Also, if its not for a 9x13, would it be the same recipe?

How many cups of batter does this recipe yield?

Thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service