Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Not to offend anyone who's into this, but are we serious?  This is a thing we're going to do?  I don't know, I just find it a little disturbing.  I don't know which bothers me more the cakes that resemble life-like babies, or the ones that are just decorated with disembodied parts.  Don't get me started on the pathology at work in the person that wants to eat the baby...

Again, nothing personal, just stirring the pot a little here...  So, who's doing this, what's really the deal with it, etc...

Views: 1065

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me, I would draw the line for a cake recreating 9/11 as something to celebrate.  There I would absolutely draw the line.  I would draw the line at providing cakes to crazy whacked out people who wanted actual crimes scenes recreated in cake so they could celebrate the 5th anniversary of such crime.  "Oh can you make a replica of the severed head I keep in the freezer?  Here, I'll get it for you."

That is going to far. 

This cutesie stuff for actual sane reasons to celebrate - go for it.  It's just cake!  It is the reason for the celebration that may turn me off... not the cake itself.

My gosh, for Halloween how many bloody fingers (cookies) have we all eaten?  It's just food!  Look at the reason we are eating the food - not the food itself.

People don't actually do that, do they???

Dawn Becker said:

For me, I would draw the line for a cake recreating 9/11 as something to celebrate.  There I would absolutely draw the line.  I would draw the line at providing cakes to crazy whacked out people who wanted actual crimes scenes recreated in cake so they could celebrate the 5th anniversary of such crime.  "Oh can you make a replica of the severed head I keep in the freezer?  Here, I'll get it for you."

That is going to far. 

This cutesie stuff for actual sane reasons to celebrate - go for it.  It's just cake!  It is the reason for the celebration that may turn me off... not the cake itself.

My gosh, for Halloween how many bloody fingers (cookies) have we all eaten?  It's just food!  Look at the reason we are eating the food - not the food itself.

In my world,  no - but I betcha they do exist.  Look at this world we live in.  I just made those extreme examples up to show why or where I would draw the line - at the occasion, not the cake.

But we have seen severed heads cakes, again, at Halloween, and most people think that is hysterical.

I have been asked to do some weird things in my time as an event planner - things I've actually said, "no" to.  not this extreme (in my really extreme examples), but lesser examples of this.

I don't like them either - Cake Wrecks even had a c-section one . . . ewwww. . . Too Much Information!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service