Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi guys:

I've made several wedding cakes and filling up nicely with orders for next year. In the mix of cakes for clients...there is MY wedding cake. Can I say i have been drawing blanks on that one...I have no clue what I want...zero, zilch!!! lol

I want simple...then how am I going fuse that with a Coco Chanel inspired wedding!...should I add ruffles...no ruffles...lots of flowers...no...just one big giant one...lol...I'm a mess right now with the cake...big...or small!! (in Jamaica it's not about the number of guests...it's all about what you want the cake to look like...lol)...no response to self...lol,..white on white...or incorporate the colours of the wedding?...do I want to see black on my cake...I think so!..O man!!!! lol

Then there is the pressure from everyone.."i can't wait to see what your cake looks like"...come on ppl give me a break!!!!....lol

How about none!!!!!....lol maybe not...Coco Chanel said it best... Every girl should be classy and fabulous...and I say...so should MY  cake!!!!!

Will keep you all posted on "The Journey"....lol

Teneisha

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aww...good luck Teneisha! I'm sure whatever you do it will be awesome.  And i think you should have fun and enjoy it.  Dont put so much pressure on yourself girl!! It's your wedding...people will always expect things but you do what you like!!  I would just go online, look at magazines and clip out what you like on cakes and then create one with all those ideas incorporated :)

What a happy dilemma to be in!!!!!  Congratulations.  I love sparkles and diamonds, I love wedding cakes that are what the BRIDE wants most.  That is YOU, Teneisha!  So go play and dream of your beautiful wedding cake that will be all about YOU, the Bride (and Groom).  You don't have to even think what others' thoughts are because you are the Bride and You should have what you want.  That even means if you let someone else do it for you so you can ENJOY your Wedding Day and all of the fun prior to this day.  NO Pressure, all fun and excitement!  

Congratulation to you and your lucky guy!

Teneisha, are you going to make your own wedding cake???? Oh, my, you are a brave one, you are! Congratulations on the upcoming even! Whatever you do, it will be awesome!

Thank you Linda.. :)

I will not be doing that cake myself...no way!!!

Why not?

Teneisha Williams said:

Thank you Linda.. :)

I will not be doing that cake myself...no way!!!

I just googled images coco chanel fasion and it was mostly little black dresses and pearls.  That actually sounds like a wonderful cake to me.

@ Dawn

Time I guess...and it will never be "perfect"...just like when I'm working on a cake...critiquing myself as I go along...I will spare myself that...:)..will let it become someone else's problem...lol..I think I know who will create the "masterpiece"...lol

My mom will bake the cake...just needs it to be decorated...it will be beautiful...a beautiful day!!!

You go girl! I am glad to hear that you are leaving the stressful job to someone else. You will have to post pictures later after all is settled down and you are rested. :o)

Teneisha Williams said:

@ Dawn

Time I guess...and it will never be "perfect"...just like when I'm working on a cake...critiquing myself as I go along...I will spare myself that...:)..will let it become someone else's problem...lol..I think I know who will create the "masterpiece"...lol

My mom will bake the cake...just needs it to be decorated...it will be beautiful...a beautiful day!!!

i love it! haaa look at excitement..i was jus about to ask if u were making it urself cause u know we caribbeanppl tend to say its bad luck to make ur own dress or our iwn cake? dont ask mi why jus ask the older ppl....maybe u should go totally opposite with cupcakes *blockfacesmiley* ...but God's riches blessing on the preparation the wedding day n the marriage

I had to make my own cake.  I baked three days before and decorated two days before.  So it wasn't stressful at all.  I just couldn't see a anyone else making my cake.  I love the way my cakes tastes.  I wanted my cake.  Yeah, I'm pretty stubborn that way.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2787900370051689275wEPdNw?vhost=fa...

Dawn I've always admired you...lol

...My mom or I will bake the cake...same recipe...so the taste will be there...just don't think I can handle the decorating myself....maybe as I get deeper in the planning my mind will change...I need to finish the "sketch"....lol

Remember Teneisha
YOU are the customer now.....& the customer is ALWAYS right. Meaning, have the cake you want, decorated the way you want.
I agree with others here. Google cakes & look at lots of designs. One will hit you. Just like buying your wedding dress, you put it on, looked in the mirror, and you knew, this is the one. When you see a cake, or design elements you really, really like, you'll just know.
Enjoy the process, have FUN!!
Congrats, & God's blessing on this journey.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service