Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Does anyone know where you can purchase custom made cake dummies?

I am looking for one that would be the shape of a glass lamp shade a Tiffany lamp. The size would be an actual size of a lamp shade.

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whoa Linda

What are u planning on making?  A full scale tiffany lamp???? I have seen all size & shapes at Micheal's, but nothing "custom".  My guess is that you will have to buy your styrofoam, and glue several pieces together, then shape them to what you want.

Try googling on the internet. You just might be surprised what may come up.

Just googled and found a site Linda.  Emailed it to you.  :o)

I went to that site this morning, June, but they don't have on line shopping.

June Kowalczyk said:

Just googled and found a site Linda.  Emailed it to you.  :o)

I'm afraid you are right, June. I will most likely have to do just that. To answer your question of what am I making, I have been wanting to make a Tiffany lamp for some time now and have the base, and the 'plate' (wooden circle) already on hand...I just need the dummy cake since it was going to be one of my entries at our cake show in September.

June Kowalczyk said:

Whoa Linda

What are u planning on making?  A full scale tiffany lamp???? I have seen all size & shapes at Micheal's, but nothing "custom".  My guess is that you will have to buy your styrofoam, and glue several pieces together, then shape them to what you want.

Try googling on the internet. You just might be surprised what may come up.

Just found another one in PA. Emailed it to you.

Thank you June...that one looks promising...I'll have to call them to see what their prices are.

June Kowalczyk said:

Just found another one in PA. Emailed it to you.

Okey Dokey

Hi,

Try Here: www.thefoamstudio.com They make a variety of dummies.

Thank you T. Myers. I was able to find the Tiffany shaped lamps. I just need to place an order now. But this site will come in handy for another time, I'm sure! =O)

T. Myers said:

Hi,

Try Here: www.thefoamstudio.com They make a variety of dummies.

yr welcome :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service