Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Please post your project #3 pictures, tips, reciepes etc in this Discussion Fourm.

Views: 198

Replies to This Discussion

Sher... I love that you have your "green" on the plate too!!!
Karen, is this your recipe??? I want to try it too but need to make some banana bread to use up some old bananas first. We don't eat many sweets so I usually keep 1/2 a loaf here and take the rest to work!!!
I ordered some supplies to make my Christmas Cards and got this stamp too from Stampin Up... will be fun to put on baked goods for Christmas!!!
Attachments:
Yes Jeri it is the pumpkin gingerbread recipe I posted here and in the recipe section....it is really yummy! Better to let it sit for a day..the flavors really come out.....if you can...heehee!

Make some mini loaves or you can halve the recipe...

jeri c said:
Karen, is this your recipe??? I want to try it too but need to make some banana bread to use up some old bananas first. We don't eat many sweets so I usually keep 1/2 a loaf here and take the rest to work!!!
Those are really cute!!!

jeri c said:
I ordered some supplies to make my Christmas Cards and got this stamp too from Stampin Up... will be fun to put on baked goods for Christmas!!!
Thank you Tina...mine too but I freeze some of it so when they want more I just thaw and it looks like I slaved :D

Tina T said:
Karen
Your recipe looks very yummy. I can't wait to try it too. I'm working on a cake for a friend this week, so will need to wait until next weekend to do anymore baking. Don't know how long the kids will wait though. They are already asking for more. They expect alot of baked goods this time of year. LOL

Karen Marie said:
Sher that is awesome!!!! I just made mine tonite..couldnt wait til Sunday...I attached some photos...
Today is my husband's birthday, he's diabetic so I made 2 cakes. One was sugar-free and one was sugar loaded. The sugar-free was for him and others in the family who are diabetic. I baked Karen Marie's pumpkin gingerbread cake for the sugar loaded cake. Man, was it good! I put cream cheese on it but it really doesn't need it. It's moist and tasty, not too sweet, not too much spice.
Attachments:
I will have to try your recipe Karen! I baked the banana bread today. I had 6 bananas that had to be used up. Made 3 loaves and I took 2 to a couple neighbors who are eldery and always are so kind. One of them sent a box of granny smith apples home with my husband when he took the bread over to them!!! Their tree produced 9 boxes of apples so they sent one to us... now I will need to make some applesauce! Mmmmm love warm applesauce.
Oh Karen, your pictures of your two loaves are beautiful. I want to make your recipe also which I am planning to do soon! Your recipe will be gifts in mini loafs!!! No refrigeration needed along with other baked goods will be best for me since I mail them to other states. Especially since the USPS sells "if it fits, it ships" Oh how I use this method most!

Tina, it was YOU with the cinnamon coverage! Yes, for now on when I'm making that kind of bread I'm doing what you said. It really adds to the flavors and the BEAUTY of the loaf!!! Thank YOU!!!! Wonderful wonderful suggestion! What would do for Banana Bread????

Having the mini loafs is one thing I do do for gifts each year, Tina. It is always so welcomed and appreciated. Jeri, I'm so glad that you are incorporating your stamping skills with your baking gifts. You don't have to give the pans, though, LOL.

The mini loafs with Jeri's recipe will be in my local gifts since the mini loaf came out so yummy with the cream cheese swirl and refrigeration is necessary.
Everyone did a fabulous job with a twist that makes it so much more fun! I love the cupcakes, breads and cookies!

Thank you everyone and it is so great that everyone shares so well.

I'm getting over a cold right now so no baking for me. Gee, I wonder where I got my cold from, could it be from our Winter Camping Trip last week? Duh! LOL
Deah your cake is adorable! I bet your hubby scarfed that one down!

I am glad you all like my recipe...it is one of my favorites and every year my kids ALWAYS ask for it.

Sher I hope you get better fast so you can get back to your 2 passions! Hugs!!

Jeri....you can freeze the ripe bananas in their skins and use them when you need them...just thaw overnight in the fridge and then use right away....

This was a great fun project! Cant wait for the next one!
Yes, Tina, I did use a bundt pan. I wish I had had the time to create the ridges in the pumpkin but just couldn't get it done.

Tina T said:
Deah,
What a cute idea! I love your pumpkin!! Did you use a bundt cake to make it?

Deah said:
Today is my husband's birthday, he's diabetic so I made 2 cakes. One was sugar-free and one was sugar loaded. The sugar-free was for him and others in the family who are diabetic. I baked Karen Marie's pumpkin gingerbread cake for the sugar loaded cake. Man, was it good! I put cream cheese on it but it really doesn't need it. It's moist and tasty, not too sweet, not too much spice.
Pumpkin Gingerbread sounds yummy, too! I did the same thing, Karen! I bought six cans of pumpkin when I was at Sam's Club the other day! Great minds....

Karen Marie said:
Tina and Kathy those look soooooo gooood....I am baking my pumpkin gingerbread very soon.....I am buying 6 cans of pumpkin so I wont run out!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service