Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hey everyone. I had a question about a order I just got. They want a crock pot cake topper to go on a sheet cake. I was thinking 6 inch oval cake dummy as the base covered with Rice Krispies treat and the fondant. How much should I charge? If anybody has any suggestions on how it make it better please tell me...... thanks!!!!

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jessica, I'm not a professional, so am not an expert on costs.  But for what it's worth, here's my ten pennyworth!  Work out how much your supplies are going to cost you to do this (cost of dummy, fondant, rkt etc).  Then how long it will take you to do and apply your hourly rate if you have one (I use the minimum wage in the UK).  Depending on how much you are making on the cake, you can either leave it at that for cost or add about a third to the total if you think you can get away with it.  

Re making it - your idea sounds fine.  Or what about using gumpaste or modelling paste (or modelling chocolate) and shaping it to what you want (if you have something you can mold it around, great).  

would love to see what you created in the end...:-D good luck!

Thanks Kathy.... I think I'm gonna just not use the Rice Krispies... I'll use the dummy and decorate it.... I'm gonna charge $70.

Katy Nott said:

Hi Jessica, I'm not a professional, so am not an expert on costs.  But for what it's worth, here's my ten pennyworth!  Work out how much your supplies are going to cost you to do this (cost of dummy, fondant, rkt etc).  Then how long it will take you to do and apply your hourly rate if you have one (I use the minimum wage in the UK).  Depending on how much you are making on the cake, you can either leave it at that for cost or add about a third to the total if you think you can get away with it.  

Re making it - your idea sounds fine.  Or what about using gumpaste or modelling paste (or modelling chocolate) and shaping it to what you want (if you have something you can mold it around, great).  

Thanks!!! I will definitely put pics up when I'm done!!!

Karen Self said:

would love to see what you created in the end...:-D good luck!

I think your idea is right Jessica - no need for the rkt.  $70 sounds reasonable to me.  Look forward to seeing it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service