Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi everyone,

Ive spent hours looking at nozzels today and the more i look, the more im getting confused !

Ive noticed that they all have numbers and letters. Are these standard ?

I have 6 nozzels at the moment that was a set, they have numbers and letters on them.

I bought an extra one a ' closed star rose swirl' to do the pretty ' open rose' look on some cupcakes.

Although, i think i bought the wrong one. I have tried it and i cant do it !  It just looks a mess so i cried and gave up :-(

I dont know what im doing wrong? Is it my buttercream or me ?!!

I would love to be able to do this! But also i need a large one for this giant cupcake.

Does it need to be a particular one, like ' open star'  or 'closed star' ?

I dont know which would look best on a giant cupcake?

Thank you for any help

A very confused

Lisa

:-)

Views: 1907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't use these ones much, but I wonder if you could try rolling them (gently) over your petals from top to bottom?

Lisa - I don't know if you have reached the bottom of your purse with all the stuff you have been buying recently, but I just wondered if you might be interested in these?  I bought them and am so glad I did.  They are not top quality, but they do the job for me and were such amazingly good value.  Free delivery too!  Check it out at

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005691CWA/ref=oh_details_o05_s0...

I will give it ago,ive also got one of these ? Ive got some of them, i havent got the ball tool, i use the egg cup thingy and i have got the cutter. Thats rather cheap to the prices i have seen. Thanks for the link, im getting close to the bottom LOL !

lis

This one's nice for making shell effects on borders.  I don't think it would help too much with a flower?

Lisa said:

I will give it ago,ive also got one of these ?

lis

Ok, thank you. I may have to buy that set lol Will it ever end ??!!

lis x

Well the cake is now cooling ;-) and i have to say im TERRRIEFIED of doing the chocolate butter cream !!!!! ARRRHHH !

Gradad came of of surgery about half hour ago. All went ok. Theve Just got to keep eye on him for a few days.

lis  

Glad all went well for your Gdad.....  :o)

Thank you, x

No Lisa - it never ends!  My granddaughter keeps pestering to know what I want for Christmas, so I told her - ANYTHING FROM 'SUGAR SHACK'.  She has been there with me a few times and knows what I'm like once I get in there.................

Lisa said:

Ok, thank you. I may have to buy that set lol Will it ever end ??!!

lis x

You've probably got it all done by now ( I don't get access to my computer when the granddaughter is here lol) and I bet it looks great.

Good news about Grandad. x

Lisa said:

Well the cake is now cooling ;-) and i have to say im TERRRIEFIED of doing the chocolate butter cream !!!!! ARRRHHH !

Gradad came of of surgery about half hour ago. All went ok. Theve Just got to keep eye on him for a few days.

lis  

Thanks Katy. Would you belive it.. Ive just taken a few extra cupcakes round to my neighbour. And ive been asked to make a Christmas cake LOL!

Here we go again lol Ive also been asked for two Chocolate Tortes as well !!

Lis

Terrific news!  I got orders for 6 of my Christmas chocolate logs last Saturday.  All to be delivered on Christmas Eve, when I'm doing the family Christmas dinner the next day too (only 9 people this year...) No pressure.  Keep Calm and Carry On Baking...............

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service