Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi everyone,

Ive spent hours looking at nozzels today and the more i look, the more im getting confused !

Ive noticed that they all have numbers and letters. Are these standard ?

I have 6 nozzels at the moment that was a set, they have numbers and letters on them.

I bought an extra one a ' closed star rose swirl' to do the pretty ' open rose' look on some cupcakes.

Although, i think i bought the wrong one. I have tried it and i cant do it !  It just looks a mess so i cried and gave up :-(

I dont know what im doing wrong? Is it my buttercream or me ?!!

I would love to be able to do this! But also i need a large one for this giant cupcake.

Does it need to be a particular one, like ' open star'  or 'closed star' ?

I dont know which would look best on a giant cupcake?

Thank you for any help

A very confused

Lisa

:-)

Views: 1907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh brill,thank you katy ;-)

Dont worry if you dont,i will have a play tonight. Hey, whats your weather like at the moment ?

lis

Funny how stuff just sort of falls into your shopping basket, eh?  Trouble is..... we have to pay for it.  hee  hee :o)

Oh WOW  Goreti, your a star ! Thank you ! Ooh want to do all of them !!

Yeah your right June, they just jumped in saying 'please take me home' lol I was lucky, they were £1.00 each. Just as well there was onl two there !!!

Thanks again

Ooh Goreti strikes again!  Fab page thanks from me too - I want to do them all as well.

Lisa - as promised here are some of my poinsettias.  I also uploaded pics of the open Christmas style roses that I made with the petal cutters.

O M G !!1! Thay are absolutly STUNNING !!! Thank you for the pics. Oh now im going to have to make some of these too LOL Ive SO got to get a veiner !!

Wow thank you ;-) x

Thank you pet - you're too kind.  The veining on the poinsettias was just done with a dresden tool and hand drawn on.  You can get the same effect with a cocktail stick, or maybe a small fork.  Draw an indent from the bottom of the petal to the top (so the pointy bit stays true) and then just draw out lines either side from the centre vein to the edge of the petal.  If you use a small fork you can just press it down either side to get a row of veins in one go. xx

Your flowers are lovely Katy. :0)

Ah thanks June.x

June Kowalczyk said:

Your flowers are lovely Katy. :0)

Your welcome darlin. I have these ?..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service