Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi everyone,

Ive spent hours looking at nozzels today and the more i look, the more im getting confused !

Ive noticed that they all have numbers and letters. Are these standard ?

I have 6 nozzels at the moment that was a set, they have numbers and letters on them.

I bought an extra one a ' closed star rose swirl' to do the pretty ' open rose' look on some cupcakes.

Although, i think i bought the wrong one. I have tried it and i cant do it !  It just looks a mess so i cried and gave up :-(

I dont know what im doing wrong? Is it my buttercream or me ?!!

I would love to be able to do this! But also i need a large one for this giant cupcake.

Does it need to be a particular one, like ' open star'  or 'closed star' ?

I dont know which would look best on a giant cupcake?

Thank you for any help

A very confused

Lisa

:-)

Views: 1907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lisa, I don't have a lot of cutters either so I use templates to make many of my flowers.  I sometimes use real flowers to make a template but I have  found some templates for you if you are interested.  http://www.lovelytutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2338

On that site, there are tons of flower tutorials.  It just take a little patience to navigate thru that site.

As far as veiners, you can try this http://karencuppycake.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-diy-gumpaste-rose....  I have also use the tip of a toothpick to make an impression, dried corn husk, etc.

Wow, thanks Goreti ! Im going to try all of these LOL Thank you so much :-)

Im hoping to have a try of these tomorow!

lis x

lol Goreti - good ole lovely tutorials again............

They are brilliant! Ive just put a Chocolate Torte in the oven. Never done one before ! Thought i treat bf . Trying keeping busy.

Just going to try some flowers.

:-)

As I was typing the information, I chuckled cause I knew you would be commenting on it Katy.  I guess I really do love that site.  lol

Ive bought 3 sizes of calyx cutters. Can i use these to make some flowers ? I know there for under the roses but i couldnt get anything else at the shop i was in at the time! 

Maybe put a dragee ball in the center or something ?

Lis

Oh yes Lis, you certainly can.  I used them for my poinsettias as they were the closest thing I had.  You can do so much with them.  If you make your fondant thickish, then you can spread the petals out with a ball tool (if you have one) to make them wider.  You can frill the edges with a cocktail stick.  You can 'fray' the edges with a small pair of scissors or a cocktail stick.  Let your creativity run wild.  I find these cutters really versatile.  Have fun!

Lisa said:

Ive bought 3 sizes of calyx cutters. Can i use these to make some flowers ? I know there for under the roses but i couldnt get anything else at the shop i was in at the time! 

Maybe put a dragee ball in the center or something ?

Lis

Great ! They were £3.99 so i treated myself to them lol I havent got ball tool but i use the metal ball thing that seperates our set of egg cups ! Going to see grandad before tomorow so i will have a go with them when i get back.

Thanks Katy

lis

Always exciting to treat yourself to something new.  Hope you have put a set of tools on your list to Santa this year lol.

All the best for your Grandad for tomorrow and I hope it goes well.  Give him a hug from a perfect stranger..........

Lisa said:

Great ! They were £3.99 so i treated myself to them lol I havent got ball tool but i use the metal ball thing that seperates our set of egg cups ! Going to see grandad before tomorow so i will have a go with them when i get back.

Thanks Katy

lis

Oh bless you xx

Oh my list for santa is getting longer and longer. But i have been a good girl LOL !!

A nice cuppa and make some flowers i think. Will prob be making them all night!

Thank you Katy

XXX

Oh,and um.. two new nozzles fell into my basket as well Lol !

A medium petal nozzle and a small grass nozzle. :-)

Does anyone know of any good pics of flowers made with the calyx cutters ? Ive googled but cant seem to find many.

Thanks lis

No there doesn't seem to be many - guess you'll just have to experiment (but that's half the fun).  If I remember tomorrow, I'll take a pic of my poinsettias and post them.

Enjoy your nozzles that decided to come home with you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service