Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi everyone,

Ive spent hours looking at nozzels today and the more i look, the more im getting confused !

Ive noticed that they all have numbers and letters. Are these standard ?

I have 6 nozzels at the moment that was a set, they have numbers and letters on them.

I bought an extra one a ' closed star rose swirl' to do the pretty ' open rose' look on some cupcakes.

Although, i think i bought the wrong one. I have tried it and i cant do it !  It just looks a mess so i cried and gave up :-(

I dont know what im doing wrong? Is it my buttercream or me ?!!

I would love to be able to do this! But also i need a large one for this giant cupcake.

Does it need to be a particular one, like ' open star'  or 'closed star' ?

I dont know which would look best on a giant cupcake?

Thank you for any help

A very confused

Lisa

:-)

Views: 1907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My recommendation would be one that has a K beater (just one large beater that looks like a K in a circle.  I have a Kenwood Prospero.  Get one as close to that as you can.  It would nice if it also has a whisk attachment, for when you want to do cream or eggs and sugar.  mine also has a dough hook (very handy as I make bread quite a bit).  This is it -

K beater looks like this - 

Just a thought - you haven't got a Comet near you have you?  As they're going into liquidation, maybe they're selling stuff off cheap?

Lisa said:

Thanks Katy. Should i be looking for a stand mixer that has one large beater or one that has two smaller ones. like what i had been using ?

Lis :-)

Damn - the pictures didn't take.  Trying again - 

Product details for KENWOOD KM265

I did look at the comet aution site but the site is closed. I did think getting one with the two beaters kind of defeats the obect but one i have seen has a 350w motor woudl that be any good ? Or does it need to be a more powerful motor than that ?

Thanks Katy

Lis x

mmmm - not sure, but I think 350 might be a bit weak, so you might not get much speed or duration, but I'm not an expert.  Mine is a 650, so there's quite a bit of power difference.  It would be a shame to spend money on something and be disappointed with it, unless it was dirt dirt cheap.....

Lisa said:

I did look at the comet aution site but the site is closed. I did think getting one with the two beaters kind of defeats the obect but one i have seen has a 350w motor woudl that be any good ? Or does it need to be a more powerful motor than that ?

Thanks Katy

Lis x

Ok, from what i can tell, when they get up to the single beater, they start more or less, at around £100 Thats a little too expensive for me.

I think what i will have to do, is  forget doing butter cream piping and find something else to do instead.

Thanks for the help with which type though :-)

Did make me laugh, was looking through pages and pages on ebay and a cement mixer came up lol !! Did think about it LOL !!

Lis x

Haha - you'd get plenty of butter icing out of that!  Let us know what you do get won't you?

Lisa said:

Ok, from what i can tell, when they get up to the single beater, they start more or less, at around £100 Thats a little too expensive for me.

I think what i will have to do, is  forget doing butter cream piping and find something else to do instead.

Thanks for the help with which type though :-)

Did make me laugh, was looking through pages and pages on ebay and a cement mixer came up lol !! Did think about it LOL !!

Lis x

Of course,i will start looking into doing something other than buttercream just in case i cant get anything.

Thanks again

Lis x

You should try and make sure the mixer has a strong motor... that's important. For example, a Kitchen Aid. I have a 5 quart KA mixer, with 300 watts.

I have a flat paddle beater, and a whisk beater. Those are about the only 2 you will need.

Look what Santa s just delivered !!!!!!! :-)

Wow oh wow!  Lis you must be so excited!  What a spectacular looking bit of kit this is.  Happy for you - stand by for the best icing ever.  x

Ha ! Its a 1000w so i shouldn't have any probs now LOL

My bf bought it for me, bless him :-) was on offer !  I cant wait !!!!!!

Thanks Katy ;-) I thought it was all going wrong but i have a new toy !!!!

Just not sure which of the beaters i need to use ?

Unfortunatly, my grandad is still in hospital, but i can use this to try and take my mind off worring for a bit .

Lis x

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service