Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hi everyone,

Ive spent hours looking at nozzels today and the more i look, the more im getting confused !

Ive noticed that they all have numbers and letters. Are these standard ?

I have 6 nozzels at the moment that was a set, they have numbers and letters on them.

I bought an extra one a ' closed star rose swirl' to do the pretty ' open rose' look on some cupcakes.

Although, i think i bought the wrong one. I have tried it and i cant do it !  It just looks a mess so i cried and gave up :-(

I dont know what im doing wrong? Is it my buttercream or me ?!!

I would love to be able to do this! But also i need a large one for this giant cupcake.

Does it need to be a particular one, like ' open star'  or 'closed star' ?

I dont know which would look best on a giant cupcake?

Thank you for any help

A very confused

Lisa

:-)

Views: 1907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In your pic Lisa. As your looking straight on, far left, the tip at the back. The one with the star/zig zag is perfect.  Looks like a #16 or #18 tip. :o)

Omg ! Thank you for all thoes links !! Wow ! :-) looking at them, i did buy the wrong one, a closed star, should of been an open star. But the picture looked right when i bought it ! An open rose.

Thank you june, the set these came in, didnt come with anything to show what each one does or any sizes, just the numbers & letters on them.

The one at the far left at the back was this one? sorry there not very good pictures !

Thank you :-)

Yes Lisa

It looks like the open star tip you need.  :o)

Great Thank you June, I havent got much done today,my gradadd has recently been diagnosed with COPD so i went with him to the hospital today. I will get some practice in tomorow at some point. Im going to order some disposable piping bags and the cake mould tomorow too.

Thank you for your help

Lis

Oh COPD is tough. I was in Homecare for 20 yrs. & took care of a lot of clients with that.
Good luck with your decorating practice. :0)

This is my new noz, i hope its the right one ! Going to feel very stupid if its not ! lol

Sorry, i dont know how to turn pic around !

Lisa :-)

You'll get some great results from that nozzle Lisa.  Bet you can't wait to try it out!

Ha! No, cant wait.....first goes with new nozz...     What do you think ? Not quite there yet ! The second i used a wodden skewer with the food gel on and slid it down one side of the bag. Nearly worked lol :-)

First attempt.

Now that's better isn't it?

Its definatley better that the other day ! lol

Thanks ;-)

Looking good Lisa.... It's not so hard. :0)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service