Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Ladies, when i click on the link for Chocolate WASC Cake - Jeri's version cake...it seems to be a broken link.

Where did this receipe gooo??

Views: 826

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The same thing happens for Buttercream Icing #2....
I am not sure which link you are looking at but if you go to my page on this site you can access it through my blog. If that does not work send me a message and I will get it to you. It's pretty good.
Actually, Jeri, it's FANTASTIC! :) In fact it's super yummy...it's the recipe I have been using when I make chocolate cake and everyone loves it!!!

jeri c said:
I am not sure which link you are looking at but if you go to my page on this site you can access it through my blog. If that does not work send me a message and I will get it to you. It's pretty good.
Jeri, I looked on your blogs but there's no receipe there, unless you are referring to the "Jeri's Version of Triple Chocolate Fudge WASC"??
this is the best "Jeri's Version of Triple Chocolate Fudge WASC" cake recipe ever..making a spiderman cake for a little boy this week and will be using it...thanks Jeri!!!!!!!
That's the one! You have got to try it.

Meera said:
Jeri, I looked on your blogs but there's no receipe there, unless you are referring to the "Jeri's Version of Triple Chocolate Fudge WASC"??
Awesome, thanks ladies....

So what is "Madagascar Vanilla", can I use regular vanilla, or Wilton's Vanilla?
Madagascar is a type of vanilla bean. It's a pretty popular bean so a lot of manufacturers use it. Jeri makes her own vanilla and uses that kind of bean. There's a blog post on her page with instructions. I started making my own vanilla a while ago. It's easy and so much better. I used to buy the Tone brand at Sam's. They use madagascar beans in their vanilla but I think the difference between store bought and homemade is the grade of alcohol used.

Meera said:
Awesome, thanks ladies....

So what is "Madagascar Vanilla", can I use regular vanilla, or Wilton's Vanilla?
Thanks ladies... my face is red and have a huge smile on my face knowing that I have helped you find a chocolate cake recipe that is wonderful.. I love it and all my customers love it. I actually made a chocolate mint version of this cake last week for one of the wedding cakes that I did... I just added a few drops of creme de menthe oil to the batter... OMG... it was sooo good. And I had enough for one 6" pan of batter so I baked it and have done my own mini experiment with it. I put it on a cake board covered in foil then put foil over the cake itself and sealed the edges.... It has just been sitting on the counter and we live in very dry hot climate. Well... today, I unwrapped it and that sucker is as moist today as it was a week ago when I baked it!!!

As for the madagascar vanilla... Deah is right. You can use regular vanilla but I just prefer my own homemade. It is very yummy.
Hi Jeri....i would love to make my own vanilla, but it's just not feasible at the moment with my work schedule! So i'll try using just the regular vanilla and see how it tastes...can you purchase madagascar vanilla??
There are places to purchase the madasgar. Check on line most places carry it. Making your own is as easy as purchasing vanilla beans which are not too expensive through Vanilla Products....and a bottle of 80 proof or higher vodka... slice the beans put them in the vodka and let it steep for a few months. I posted the instructions on my blog... super easy and for the cost... much cheaper than purchasing it. Best of luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service