Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I wanted to share the pound cake recipe I used for my cakewich.  It's a good one :)

2 c AP flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c unsalted butter,softened
1 1/2 c sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
6 large egg whites
3/4 cup milk

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl, mixing with a whisk

Whisk together egg whites and milk by hand in a medium mixing bowl until combined

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (heavy duty mixer) about 5 minutes.  Add vanilla, beat vigoursly

Reduce speed to low and add one-quarter of the flour, then one-third of the milk mixture, mixing until combined. Scraping down the bowl and beater after each addition.  Repeat until all ingredients are just combined.

That's about it- This baked at 315 for about 60-70 min.  If you read my cake woes though it actually took a lot longer because it was so thick.  The amount in the mold, not the batter.  

Views: 496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is this also how you make regular pound cake, and what is the difference betweem stor ebought cake mix in box and making pound cake?
I'm actually not sure what the difference is. I've never made pound cake from a box. Every other cake I have but not pound cake lol

Wes & Jaci said:
Is this also how you make regular pound cake, and what is the difference betweem stor ebought cake mix in box and making pound cake?
You welcome. It's actually really tasty and it wasn't really dry either. I'll be making it again

Denise said:
Ohhh thank you so much! I have been in search of a good LB cake that was a lighter on the butter.
Oh my goodness ... My eyes played tricks on me and I read your title as CRAWFISH Pound Cake (he! he!) ... I do make a crawfish cornbread that is amazing, but pound cake???? Glad to know you're not using crawfish in a sweet cake~~
what is ap flour?

Tiffany - all purpose flour

I am sorry but what is a Cakewich?  Thanks. And is this cake baked in a loaf pan? Again thanks for bearing with me.

A cakewich is just a cake that looks like a sandwich.  In this cake it was PBnJ.  It was a special silicon pan that I used that I had gotten as a gift.  

http://www.amazon.com/Fred-Friends-Cakewich-Cake-Mold/dp/B00383V04Q...

That's what it looks like

Sharon said:

I am sorry but what is a Cakewich?  Thanks. And is this cake baked in a loaf pan? Again thanks for bearing with me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service