Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

We get a lot of inquiries for cakes from all over the country, so we are launching a pay per lead service. If you are interested, please let me know. I'll need to know where you are located and the radius from your location that you are willing to serve.

Views: 2516

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd be interested. I live in Youngstown, OH - would be willing to deliver in a 60 mile radius give or take, which pretty much includes Cleveland, Pittsburgh PA, Akron, Warren. I am not licensed, although mulling it over. I could handle two cakes a week, preferably birthday and occasion cakes. I don't want to be responsible for wrecking a wedding just yet :-). Please contact me and I can provide all the pertinent details you might need.
We're a few weeks away from making this available to everyone. In the meantime, I have another question, but you really don't have to answer me until I contact you. I don't want to waste anyone's time on unrealistic people who think they can have a $3000 wedding cake for $200, so we are going to do our best to screen. What I want to know is your minimum $ amount for a wedding cake order.
Since pricing is mostly per serving, there really isn't a minimum amount per se.
I won't do a wedding cake that's under 50 servings :)
Hi Kathy, you always have the customers who think a serving size should be a lot bigger than it is, so the dollar amount just helps us figure out if a lead is worthwhile.
True, but don't you think it's up to us, as decorators to educate them to serving size? I do that as a standard practice when doing a consultation. Not trying to be argumentative or anything--just wondering.
If you want a dollar figure--I guess I wouldn't do one under $250.00. To figure in costs, this would just be enough to cover expenses (rent, fuel for ovens, supplies, etc)

Theresa Happe said:
Hi Kathy, you always have the customers who think a serving size should be a lot bigger than it is, so the dollar amount just helps us figure out if a lead is worthwhile.
Another thought--serving sizes for party vs. wedding cakes are different sizes, so there are technically 2 different pricing matrix's

Kathy Arneson said:
True, but don't you think it's up to us, as decorators to educate them to serving size? I do that as a standard practice when doing a consultation. Not trying to be argumentative or anything--just wondering.
If you want a dollar figure--I guess I wouldn't do one under $250.00. To figure in costs, this would just be enough to cover expenses (rent, fuel for ovens, supplies, etc)

Theresa Happe said:
Girls, I just don't want to send you duds and I know everyone's price is going to vary based on where they live and other factors.

Kathy Arneson said:
Another thought--serving sizes for party vs. wedding cakes are different sizes, so there are technically 2 different pricing matrix's

Kathy Arneson said:

Theresa Happe said:
Not everyone does per serving either. I charge by the cake and how hard it was to make.
I have a free lead for anyone who's interested. Anyone want a birthday cake lead for Perris, California?
Karol,

I also live in Georgia. We have been in touch with the Dept. of Agriculture. We were told as long as we have a separate part of the house that has its own entrance and is solely used for the business that you can get a permit to have a cake business in your house. We have closed in part of our garage and are getting ready to have the inspector come so I can get my permit. They were really nice and extremely helpful. They don't require that everything be commercial grade either. That was nice because it is so much more expensive. Luckily I had the space to close in. Most people don't. Of course, there are some things that we must have like a mop drain, a handwashing sink, as well as a two bay sink, and a few other things, but it hasn't been a problem at all. I can't wait to have it all done! :)

Karol Sherling said:
This sounds like a great idea! I live in McDonough, GA. I will go anywhere in GA (delivery charges apply).

Karol Sherling
(678) 207-7844

PS I am a legal, licensed bakery with a rented kitchen nearby. In GA, no home decorators are legal.
I would be interested.
I would be interested also. I live in a very secluded area of central MO and will travel upto 120 miles. The first 50 are free miles. I am licensed, and do have help when needed, beings that I am opening my shop into a sandwich and pizzeria. Depending on the cake, I can produce about 10 birthday cakes and 2 wedding cakes a week. The only time I have ever turned down an order is if they want it the same day or the very next day. Would like to have a 36 hr. notice if possible.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service