Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Views: 2468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is fabulous for me! I always want to have a different filling, something that puts the pizzazz in cakes and cupcakes! Thanks for sharing!!!
I had to look up the word "pizzazz" in MW Dictionary to make sure I spelled it correctly - LOL.
The vanilla custard is more of a pale yellow color. White filling could be so many different things. You might want to offer them some choices. I love using white chocolate mousse as a filling and that's closer to white than the custard.
Okay, I'm terrible. Theresa, if you recommend a white chocolate mousse for a filling, that must means you have a great recipe. Will you share it, please.
I'm looking for some type of a filling to mix coconut so I might come as close as possible to an Almond Joy candy filling. I was thinking just a buttercream mixed with a heck of a lot of coconut but the mousse might work out even better?????
Or by chance, does anyone have a coconut filling that someone wants to share?
Okay, just added the mousse.
Thank you. I appreciate you sharing. Sounds yummy, no wonder it is one of your favorites!

Theresa Happe said:
Okay, just added the mousse.
Thanx for the flavors, cant wait to try them!!! Are these able to sit out or do they need to stay in the fridge?? I need some fillings, that can sit out overnight
I have made buttercream, but added cream of coconut as the milk/water part, plus add coconut flavor instead of vanilla (or in addition to) Hope that helps some :D

Stampinsher said:
Okay, I'm terrible. Theresa, if you recommend a white chocolate mousse for a filling, that must means you have a great recipe. Will you share it, please.
I'm looking for some type of a filling to mix coconut so I might come as close as possible to an Almond Joy candy filling. I was thinking just a buttercream mixed with a heck of a lot of coconut but the mousse might work out even better?????
Ooooooo, that sounds great! I will try that next time. Thanks!

Michelle Galloway said:
I have made buttercream, but added cream of coconut as the milk/water part, plus add coconut flavor instead of vanilla (or in addition to) Hope that helps some :D

Stampinsher said:
Does anyone have any filling recipes that don not need refrigeration once it is on the cake?
Does anyone use Bettercreme for a filling? Will instant pudding mix in well without any sugar granules present? Bettercreme is a liquid non dairy substance you whip up to look and taste like whipped cream.
I can get it at a store called Smart and Final and I heard it can also be found at Sam's club. It also comes whipped in the frozen dept. at Sam's.
Theresa, you mentioned in another post that you have used canoli filling. Can you post that recipe ? i did a search and nothing came up.

Grazie
Coconut Filling - dandelion56602
(found it a few months ago in the Pink Champagne cake recipe)
1/4 c Butter
1 T White Wine
16 Lg Marshmallows (quartered)
1 C Coconut
1 tsp Coconut flavor (I added b/c it tasted too much like wine & not enough like coconut)
*Combine first 3 ingredients in a double boiler & cook until marshmallows are melted. Take off heat & stir in coconut. Cool until spreadable consistency. *Next time I may use the frozen coconut since it's finer & see how that is. I did chop my coconut before mixing in but wish I had chopped it finer. The consistency is a gooey coconut filling, but yet it set up enough that when I cut the cake it stayed in place & didn't run all over the place. Definitely keeping this recipe.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service