Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Views: 2468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

omg these sound amazing! cant wait to try them!
Hi there,

Anyone share a good chocolate buttercream receipe?

Thank you!!

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

2-3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat, with an electric mixer, until frosting is creamy, 3-5 minutes. Add additional powdered sugar as needed to achieve a thick, but not stiff, frosting that is easy to spread. Add additional milk, if necessary, to thin the frosting if it gets too thick

Meera said:

Hi there,

Anyone share a good chocolate buttercream receipe?

Thank you!!
Theresa, I did the raspberry filling and it's runny!!! I did everything as you said!!! I need it for tomorrow afternoon! What can I do?!??!
It always comes out really thick when I make it. Did you remember the gelatin?
Oh yes! It seems ok right now. Lol. I've covered it with MMF so I'll see what happens when I cut it. I'll let you know! Thank you!!
Hi I wanted to do an Irish cream filling but due to it having dairy in it i cant do it because i wont be able to keep it refrigerated so i was thinking about maybe taking some (store bought) buttercream icing and adding an irish cream flavoring to it and use that as the filling. Would that work and if so how much flavoring should i add to it? It's for a bake off at my job next week and i really want to wow my co-workers. Thanks in advance.

Good morning Theresa, I am unable to open your recipe for German Chocolate Gajeta Filling - can you perhaps re-post?  Thanks, I am going to try all your fillings - they look yummy! :-)

Hi all,

I'm looking for the caramel filling/buttercream receipe on this thread, but I dont see it....?

Hi all,

I am looking to see if anyone has a yummy almond buttercream filling receipe to share?  Looking for one! :)

Thank you.

Mizztry, I have a really simple version if you're interested (it does taste lovely).  It is an english buttercream though so doesn't use meringue, just icing sugar (confectioner's sugar?)

250g unsalted butter

500g icing sugar

blitz in a blender until really really smooth and creamy

add almond extract to taste - probably about 2 - 3 teaspoons. 

If you want texture too (say for a filling), add some toasted flaked almonds.

Mizztry said:

Hi all,

I am looking to see if anyone has a yummy almond buttercream filling receipe to share?  Looking for one! :)

Thank you.

Thank you Katy!! I will definitely give this a try :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service