I found this one with the Cream Cheese.....NOt the Boss's Cake but one like he uses. Can even make it Chocolate.
Butter (337.5 g / 1 1/2 cups)
Cream Cheese (225 g / 1 bar)
White Sugar (565 g / 3 cups)
Eggs (375 g / 6 pcs)
Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
All-Purpose Flour (340 g / 3 cups)
Salt (1 tsp)
Rum (3 tbsps)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line two 8″ round pans.
2. Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
3. Add sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 mins)
4. Add eggs one at a time to creamed mixture, beating well until combined. Mix in vanilla.
5. Combine the flour and salt and sift together. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined.
6. Pour into the prepared tins and bake until golden and tester comes out almost clean (just a few crumbs attached). This will take about an hour or more.
*Note: If you want to make this a chocolate cream cheese pound cake, simply replace 65g of flour with 65g of cocoa powder.
someone told me once that in "sponge" is an old cakers term that could mean any cake...the cake itself was called the sponge, regardless of the recipe and is not necessarily a sponge cake recipe. I know cake boss often refers to his cake as sponge and I am thinking this is what he just calls the cake, I can't imagine he makes ONLY sponge cakes.
Meghan, how did the cupcakes come out????