Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I live in a small community (Regina, SK Canada) and we only have Michael's craft store here to buy supplies.  Up until a few days ago - I thought Wilton was the only brand available for cake decorating supplies, including fondant -

What I'm wondering is what are some other brands people recommend?  I read something about an Agbay  - is that some sort of pig latin??? LOL - what type of pans, fondant anything!

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ahhh - thanks Sherry - I'm going to check those sites out! :)
Since you only have a Michael's, it's no wonder you thought Wilton was the only brand.....but there is SO much more available online if you're willing to pay the shipping. Wilton is geared toward the home baker who does only a few cakes a year, so you may want to look into more commercial brand bakery pans & tools. For pans, I'd recommend Magic Line or Fat Daddio's; for premade fondant ~ Satin Ice or Pettinice (never ever use Wilton fondant except for display dummy cakes) Jem cutters and tools for fondant/gumpaste. An Agbay is a top-of-the-line cake leveler/torter, expensive but reportedly worth every penny if you do a lot of cakes. Anyway, I have a few online supplier websites to add: www.globalsugarart.com, www.cakesbysam.com, www.kitchenkrafts.com, www.beryls.com, and www.countrykitchensa.com. Hope this helps!
I've only used Wilton fondant and everyone was so disgusted with the taste i figured i'd never make another cake! i'll have to go searching for cheap shipping for Satin Ice and Pettinice.

You guys are so helpful! thanks!
you can make your own fondant either from scratch or marshmallows, it is tasty and cheper then getting something shipped to you. www.gouldaskitchen.com is also a good one and they are in ontario also flourconfections is in ontario too.

Janine said:
I've only used Wilton fondant and everyone was so disgusted with the taste i figured i'd never make another cake! i'll have to go searching for cheap shipping for Satin Ice and Pettinice.

You guys are so helpful! thanks!
I think Meghan means www.goldaskitchen.com
haha yes I did thanks for fixing that

Becky Zastrow said:
I think Meghan means www.goldaskitchen.com
I'm all over these links! Now my wish list is a mile long LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service