Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Black & White Cake Contest:

Enter your Black & White Cake by Sunday, March 25th for a chance to win the Stargazer Lily dvd from Design Me A Cake. 1st and 2nd place winners will each receive this dvd.

Edna de la Cruz has been interested in creating beautiful things with her hands all her life. She began as a Fashion Designer doing fashion shows in Central Florida. 

Over ten years ago, she decided to try her hand at cake decorating.  She took basic classes with Wilton and fell in love with the art.  Edna worked at a custom cake shop as the Wedding Cake Designer. Some of her work and tutorials have been featured in magazines like Cake Central Magazine and American Cake Decorating Magazine.  Today, she not only designs Wedding Cakes, but she teaches both through her instructional DVDs and in classrooms throughout the country.

Edna has been invited to be a judge at different Cake Competitions including the prestigious Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show (OSSAS) run by the famous Kerry VIncent. You can see examples of her work,  free tutorials and find her DVD's at her website Design Me A Cake. She recently won on an episode of Food Network's Challenge.

How To Enter:

Add the photo to your profile (not the forum). Photos must include a description of the materials/techniques used to make your cake.   Only cake entries will be accepted - no cupcakes, cake pops or cake balls. Cakes that do not fit the theme will not be entered.

The photo title (required) will be a suitable title for picture, but it may not remain a string of numbers associated with a file name on your computer. To enter the contest, add the TAG  304 to your picture. 1 entry per person and 1 photo per entry. All entries will be featured at the top of the photos page. (This is a manual process, so please be patient).

The top ten cakes will be determined by the number of people selecting it as their favorite with the favorite button.  Voting will take place from Monday, March 26th to Friday, March 30th. The top ten cakes
will be displayed on Saturday, March 31st. The judges will vote from April 1 - 3. The winners will be posted on Wednesday, April 4th.

Please do not solicit votes or your entry will be disqualified.

Congratulations!

Jennifer Bratko - 1st place:

Brenda Bakker - 2nd place:

Views: 1711

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Adding the entries is a manual process. Sometimes it takes us up to a day to add them.

Roxanne Peterson said:

How soon after we upload our picture for the contest does it appear for entry??

bump

Congratulations, Jennifer Bratko -1st place and Brenda Bakker - 2nd place!

whohooooo!!! I'm so excited!!! this time i did not forget I entered a photo in to your contest ;) and I was very excited for the last few days. I'm going to be very lucky with this prize cause I love to make flowers but I'm not so good at it.... hope this dvd will teach me some more. and I will show you the result after I practiced with it, it's a promise ;) I'm a big fan of Edna so I'm very proud to win this dvd.... I can't tell you how happy I am right now. my smile goes form ear to ear and is going to stay there for the rest of the day ;) Thank you all for voting for me and you linking (do you say it like this?) my cake ;)

Jennifer congatulations with your first prize!!! You deserve it! you did an awesome job at your cake, as I said before, your icing is so lovely, I hope in the future I can take a class somewhere around here so I can learn that.  

Congratulations to both of you! Well deserved!!

linking had to be liking in my former post ;)

Hi Brenda, Congrats! Please give me your address again. Thanks.

I mailed it to you in PM ;)

thank you so much :)))))))))))

Wow!  Thank you all so much!  I loved making that cake, and I'm honored that you all love it too.

Brennie, I knew you were winning, for sure!  Congrats!

Oh Bravo!!!! Pleeeeeeeze tell me - what technique or product or what is used by Brenies Cake House to create that lovely scroll work pattern on the bow and side decorations and covered middle tier?  I am in awe :-)

Many congratulations Jennifer and Brenda,
Your cakes are stunning

thank you Mandy, I used a designer stencil and dusted the pattern on it with a mixture of sparkle and pearldust ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service