Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hey ladies i need your expertise, i have a cake i want to make the person wants black fondant my question is if im using mmf how to get it black or should i just go with buying black fondant because i heard trying to make black  fondant from home is useless...

Views: 724

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Using black gel color I'm very sure you are'nt to have any problem to get it as black you want, I use the gel color and work very well always =))
hope to help you just mixed very well and add enough amout of black gel ( sorry for the english writing : (( . )
I'm with you, Jeri! :) I just used Fondarific black last night and love it! I also bought their chocolate (because I'm short on time this week) to use for straps and details on a diaper bag cake. Can't wait to try it out.

jeri c said:
looks pretty close!!! I am still too lazy to make my own. :-)))

Tanisha Lane said:
I just made black mmf. It seems to be good but i got to let it rest overnight and cool off before I get too excited lol but at least I got it black with using wilton black chocolate and about 1/2 oz of black gel coloring. :) The mmf is on the left and the black satin ice is on the right in the pic! I set them side by side to compare the color :))
Can you tell me what Wilton black chocolate you mentioned here? Are these the candy melts?
I love the Satin Ice dark chocolate... I buy it in the 20lb buckets...
Thanks for the great ideas when i did the cake i used duffs black fondant but it just kept bubbling up on me and grrrr that was so aggravating to work with but overall it came out great and tastey
try coating your hands with crisco shortning when you work with the black... it helps keep it from bubbling... I have not used duffs but that does help with satin ice. I think all the extra dye in black just makes it softer.

shay smith said:
Thanks for the great ideas when i did the cake i used duffs black fondant but it just kept bubbling up on me and grrrr that was so aggravating to work with but overall it came out great and tastey

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service