Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Beginner's Figurine Cake Contest - Winners to be Announced Dec. 19

Contest open to cake decorators with 2 years or less experience. Enter your cake decorated with at least 1 figure by Sunday, December 9th for a chance to win. Sponsored by Photofrost.

Photofrost offers edible icing sheets, edible ink printers and edible ink cartridges. 3 entries will be randomly selected to win the Fall Special.

1st place prize: $100 gift certificate to Photofrost

2nd place prize: $50 gift certificate to Photofrost

How To Enter:

Add the photo to your profile (not the forum). Photos must include a description of the materials/techniques used to make your cake.   Only cake entries will be accepted - no cupcakes, cake pops or cake balls. Cakes that do not fit the theme will not be entered.

The photo title (required) will be a suitable title for picture, but it may not remain a string of numbers associated with a file name on your computer. To enter the contest, add the TAG  1119 to your picture. 1 entry per person and 1 photo per entry. All entries will be featured at the top of the photos page. (This is a manual process, so please be patient). If your photo has already been favorited, please upload the photo again. This is to create a level playing field.

The top ten cakes will be determined by the number of people selecting it as their favorite with the favorite button.  Voting will take place from Monday, Dec. 10th to Friday, Dec. 14th. The top ten cakes will be displayed on Saturday, Dec. 15th. The judges will vote from Dec. 16 - 18. The winners will be posted on Wednesday, Dec. 19th.

Please do not solicit votes or your entry will be disqualified.

Congratulations, Celly - 1st place and Clare Walsh - 2nd place:

Celly:

Clare Walsh:

Randomly selected winners of the Photofrost Fall Special include:

Dawn Hardy 
Munazzuh Faroogi
Genevieve Sanchez

Views: 1205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Terry!

I'm kind of new here and I would like to enter in this content.  Can you please direct me how can I submit my picture and add the contents and tag #. Thank you alot!!

Griselle 

Hi Terry!

Similar with Griselle, I am also new here and would like to enter in this contest. Requesting for direction on how to submit my photo and add the contents and tag number, too. Thank you so much for your help.

Konee

How long after uploading our picture does it take for it to appear for the contest.  I did mine on Sunday, the 18th but dont see it yet.

Roxanne, we the moderators have to do that individually. We have to check that all of the tags, title, and rules have been met first before adding the photo to the actual contest. Be patient....there are plenty of moderators that will make sure that pics are added. It can take a few days. Make sure that you have the tag number either in the title part of your picture or in the tags. We search by that number for new photos.

I put the tag in the tag box...thanks for the quick reply!!

Definition of figurine for contest purposes -

A figurine (a diminutive form of the word figure) is a statuette that represents a human, deity or animal.

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figurine

***No plastic/ceramic figurines will be included.***

Griselle, not sure if you have got your solution to this yet or not, but if not - 

Go to the home page, scroll down to forum and there you will see the uploading instructions for contest entries.

Griselle Remak said:

Hello Terry!

I'm kind of new here and I would like to enter in this content.  Can you please direct me how can I submit my picture and add the contents and tag #. Thank you alot!!

Griselle 

Konee, not sure if you have got your solution to this yet or not, but if not - 

Go to the home page, scroll down to forum and there you will see the uploading instructions for contest entries.

Konee Rosas said:

Hi Terry!

Similar with Griselle, I am also new here and would like to enter in this contest. Requesting for direction on how to submit my photo and add the contents and tag number, too. Thank you so much for your help.

Konee

Confused, the header says December 19 but in the description it say the 9th, which is correct?

Hi Terry.  I think what the Dec 19 means is that is when the winners will be announced.  The competition was open to entries until yesterday.  Voting takes place this week for the top ten and then final decision from those 10 on 16-18 December.

Terry Bingham said:

Confused, the header says December 19 but in the description it say the 9th, which is correct?
Thanks.

I uploaded my picture last night, but it isn't showing on the Photo page. Does this mean I'm not in the contest?

Can someone help me?

Found it Terry

Terry Bingham said:

Thanks.

I uploaded my picture last night, but it isn't showing on the Photo page. Does this mean I'm not in the contest?

Can someone help me?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service