Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Hello, I am making a baby shower cake for next weekend, not much time left and need some ideas.  Most of their baby items are winnie the pooh and her husband is a huge Chicago Bears fan.  Any cool baby shower cake ideas would be appreciated, not alot of time left to decide.  She is having a boy.  Thanks in advance for any quick input!

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The cake in my profile picture was a baby shower cake. I always check out google images for cake ideas and it seems to work well for inspiration... are you looking to do a tier cake??

teddy bear on top in a bears uniform, make some alphabet blocks to add on the cake and spell " bears" or baby name, search google for bear cakes  or you could put winnie the poo in a bears uniform and make poo and the crew team mates
thanks for your response, I actually do check online for ideas but didn't find anything that stood out. Your profile cake is very nice! Not sure about tier cake but probably.

Maranda Voetsch Griffin said:

The cake in my profile picture was a baby shower cake. I always check out google images for cake ideas and it seems to work well for inspiration... are you looking to do a tier cake??

Love your ideas!  Not sure if I can make the bear though.  Or have the time but would love to do that!

Thanks for your ideas! 
Melinda King said:

teddy bear on top in a bears uniform, make some alphabet blocks to add on the cake and spell " bears" or baby name, search google for bear cakes  or you could put winnie the poo in a bears uniform and make poo and the crew team mates

There are soooooo many way one could go.  W/o more info it's hard to recommend anything - like how many servings needed?  Do you have preference to sheet, round, heart, what??  Looks like you're not interested in tiered.

Check out my pix.  I have about 1/2 ideas you ,might be interested in.  I tried to post the links but it doesn't work for me :( 

yes, I am def interested in tier cake!  Prob about 25 ppl

Hi Wendy

I love Baby Shower Cakes, I love the idea as well of putting the bear on the cake in the Chicago Bears Jersey, enclosed is a link to a very easy bear tutorial I have used it and its quick and easy. If you have Tylose to turn your fondant into gumpaste the bear will set up faster if not you would have to make asap so it will set you in time. If you dont make too big you should be fine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJSRUlLZows good luck and for a sneak peak if you look at my Pink Baby shower cake that is the bear I made using that tutorial.

Good Luck If you have any futher questions inbox me.

Sheila

Great info Sheila!  I will try that teddy bear! Thanks so much!

Your very welcome !

Sheila

I made the teddy bear tonight and it turned out great! Thanks again!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service