Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Cakes We Bake will be hosting its first live demonstration on August 31st at 6 pm EST with Jay Qualls, star of The Next Great Baker and award-winning cake decorator. He will be demonstrating his brand new, innovative product "Fondant Fabric" and showing how to use it to create a 3-tiered wedding cake with fondant drapes, appliques and molded trims.

During the demonstration, Jay will be answering questions from Cakes We Bake members. Please post your question here by Sunday, August 28th.

Views: 1429

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to know a little bit more ... for example what exactly is this innovative product 'fondant fabric' ? Is it a new product such as a new fondant?

This is at 6 p.m on the 31st, but what time zone? Thanks!

Gary, take a look at this video - http://www.cakeswebake.com/video/fondant-fabric

Gary Chapman said:

I would love to know a little bit more ... for example what exactly is this innovative product 'fondant fabric' ? Is it a new product such as a new fondant?
Jay, have you ever thought of putting printed icing sheets on your draped fondant?  PhotoFrost has some new and exciting products that you may be interested in.  The colored icing sheets can be applied to fondant really easily. 
Blimey - thanks Deah..... what is in that stuff - plastic?  Looks intriguing ... I guess I need to start visiting ICES again LOL

What does this fondant taste like??  Where can we buy it to try?  You make it look so easy, but they also made the cricut look easy too, is it really as easy as it looks?

I call myself the lazy decorator.  You made my dreams come true!  Now if you can make prefilled, crumbcoated cakes, I'll be in heaven.
What time zone will this be at?
I'd like to know what time zone too. I'm in the UK. Thanks :)
6 pm Eastern Standard Time

Can you reroll & use the scraps for decorations?  Can the scraps be colored?

Some of this is already answered on the thread for the video  - for example what it tastes like and re-rolling it.  I had these questions and he and another member have already answered them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service