Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Anyone want to offer some ideas? Feeling uninspired here!

Hello all,

I have been asked to make an 80th birthday cake for someone's Mum.  Initial thoughts were - 'great, I can do something pretty'.  

Then I got the brief, which has left me feeling completely uninspired and I'm struggling to come up with ideas that I think will work.

The brief -

Square sponge cake - doesn't need to be big as only for about 15 people.

Topics to consider

She supports Liverpool Football Club

Born in Wales

Has had two children - boy and girl.

Plays Bingo.

I can come up with something that includes just one of these things (eg Wales emblem, or bingo card (yawn!).  But to try to get a representation of all or most of these things is just not coming.

Any ideas?

(btw - I will avoid people figurines like the plague, as I am rubbish at them).

Views: 452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol Carol - you are too funny!  That's your job............

Was worth a try.... ;-)

Katy Nott said:

lol Carol - you are too funny!  That's your job............

I honestly just logged on to see if you had any new treats to feast my eyes on... since I don't have any amazing ideas, I'll just sit on the sidelines and be your cheerleader.  :O)

haha Holly!  I have drawn a few designs and am seeing the customer tomorrow to discuss.  Hopefully she will like one of them, although I'm still not enamoured.............
Holly F said:

I honestly just logged on to see if you had any new treats to feast my eyes on... since I don't have any amazing ideas, I'll just sit on the sidelines and be your cheerleader.  :O)

I would have considered using edible printing. Maybe a collage of special photos of her life in the form of a 80 or album. There is so much you can do in photoshop to enhance old scanned in pictures to make it look better than the original and any colour you want. If you need help on that you can email me any time and I'll help with editing/collage.

Thank you Rhea.  That was my first thought to be honest, but the client is a very busy lady (own business, 3 kids etc.) and I had the impression from her that she didn't want to have to spend time on this, just leave me to come up with something.  I mentioned letting me have photographs and she didn't take up on the idea, sadly.  I am seeing her today though and might bring it up again, depending on her reaction to my designs!

I just googled this, and apparently Wales has its own flag :) 

https://www.google.ca/search?q=wales,+uk+flag&sa=X&espv=210...

How about doing the flag...and on or around it put a little soccer ball/items or surround the cake with a Liverpool scarf...with the liverpool logo...

I dont feel that yo u need to include everything, but one or two items is great :)

Hope that helps!

Thanks Mizztry for your suggestions.  I actually saw the client on Saturday and she had chosen one of the designs I had done for her.  Bingo cake board, cake with Liverpool scarf around it, 2 little figurines of children - a girl holding a bunch of daffodils (Welsh national flower) and the other with his foot on a little football.  Everything included lol - just hope it's not going to look overcrowded - she seemed to want the lot in there!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service