Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Anyone want to offer some ideas? Feeling uninspired here!

Hello all,

I have been asked to make an 80th birthday cake for someone's Mum.  Initial thoughts were - 'great, I can do something pretty'.  

Then I got the brief, which has left me feeling completely uninspired and I'm struggling to come up with ideas that I think will work.

The brief -

Square sponge cake - doesn't need to be big as only for about 15 people.

Topics to consider

She supports Liverpool Football Club

Born in Wales

Has had two children - boy and girl.

Plays Bingo.

I can come up with something that includes just one of these things (eg Wales emblem, or bingo card (yawn!).  But to try to get a representation of all or most of these things is just not coming.

Any ideas?

(btw - I will avoid people figurines like the plague, as I am rubbish at them).

Views: 452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm, Katy
Well my 1st thought is to make the cake with letters 8 & 0. Make cake soft colours, put gumpaste flower in the middle of O & 8, or in between 8 & 0. You could make a gumpaste bingo sheet, lay it on the cake board. Sneak some image of Liverpool Football Club on the board somewhere. They don't have to be the main focus. That's all I can think of before my 2nd cup of coffee.....:o)

lol June - thanks.  I really wanted to do something with flowers, but I don't think that's what she's after.  I am going to put it to her though along with some other ideas when I can get them together.  I have also Facebooked Tracy Deadman, knowing how creative she is to see if she had any ideas and she has come up with a few (of course).  Work in progress haha!

Yes
Hard to be inspired with such lacklustre info......
That's too bad, when I saw 80' I thought about the one I just did...oh well, you know I can't help you. Those requests are the ones I say, "unfortunately, I can't take your order at this time" lol

Haha Sandra- you thought exactly the same as me.  I had visions of turquoise fondant (birth stone colour) with an arrangement of Narcissus (birth flower), with some italic writing and a few scrolls!  No such luck.  Ah well, got to get my thinking cap on.  Tracy has given me some ideas, but of course, everything Tracy does is so damn good, I feel inadequate!

Sandra I. Vazquez Lossiseroni said:

That's too bad, when I saw 80' I thought about the one I just did...oh well, you know I can't help you. Those requests are the ones I say, "unfortunately, I can't take your order at this time" lol
Hey....don't compare yourself to Tracy. Your good in your own right..... :o)

your rite June she duz her own style , and its beautiful ,
June Kowalczyk said:

Hey....don't compare yourself to Tracy. Your good in your own right..... :o)

lol June and Gail - you're both very kind xx

you can make this one on your own , i know you can , look at the one in the contest , awesome ! you know its so origanal !beautiful

Katy Nott said:

I'll do my best Gail - watch this space haha (cake not needed till 13th Dec, so still have a bit of time to think of something)

art deco cakes by galidink said:

you can make this one on your own , i know you can , look at the one in the contest , awesome ! you know its so origanal !beautiful

Katy Nott said:

way to go ! i know you will you always ,do , and the ideas are yours ,thats what i love !
Katy Nott said:

I'll do my best Gail - watch this space haha (cake not needed till 13th Dec, so still have a bit of time to think of something)

art deco cakes by galidink said:

Katy Nott said:

I think you should do an ice skate with step by step instructions lol x

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service