Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I am designing  a cake for a customer that looks like stacked gift boxes...they make a snowman and look like the crackled paint effect...any ideas on how to do this with fondant?

Views: 965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would a fabric roller do the trick? I don't have one YET (waiting for my SugarEd package to arrive) so I can't say for sure.
You could probably use soft sponges to sponge on a very light antique effect with gel paste thinned with a bit of vodka.... then with a little thicker paste use a paper towel crumpled up and dip it lightly into the gel then lightly onto the fondant.... allow each layer to dry in between. Use small sponges and a small piece of paper towel. Does that make any sense at all??? I use this method with paper and it works with fondant too.
Yes it does make sense and thank you...I will give this a practice run and will post the final decision and product...thanks again for your help :)

jeri c said:
You could probably use soft sponges to sponge on a very light antique effect with gel paste thinned with a bit of vodka.... then with a little thicker paste use a paper towel crumpled up and dip it lightly into the gel then lightly onto the fondant.... allow each layer to dry in between. Use small sponges and a small piece of paper towel. Does that make any sense at all??? I use this method with paper and it works with fondant too.
Can't wait to see your finished project! Sometimes I ramble and then realize I might have not made any sense at all! :-)))

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service