Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I recently did a cake for one of my sister's friends.. Stewie was the cake.. I worked hard on this cake for 3 days.. Making everything fresh.. I delivered the cake to her on Saturday and she loved it.. Yesterday while on Facebook I noticed a video was posted.. I clicked the link to see that it was the cake I had made.. They had taken the cake outside, sit it on a log and began shooting at it with a shotgun.. Yes, a shotgun.. Blowing the entire thing to pieces.. I was very upset.. I paid to make the cake support and requested it be returned.. I worked so hard on this cake.. The problem is, Why would you even post this video online for the "baker" to see? It was more for that reason than the support of the cake.. The girl that requested the cake says, " why are you so upset"? It is just a cake.. Am I wrong for being so upset about the video?

Views: 755

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you kidding me?  Why would anyone do that to a cake?  Any cake never mind the wonderful one you created. I would be upset too but unfortunately most people have no clue what a takes to create something like that.  I've never made anything that elaborate but I know how long it takes me to decorate a cake.  I also know what a toll it takes on your body.  All I can say is stupidity is rampant and this is just another example.  Sorry you had to see what was done to your masterpiece.  Obviously they didn't deserve it.

Goreti,

It actually brought tears to my eyes to see that video.. My heart was racing and i felt the heat in my face as it turned red.. I was so upset.. My husband kept saying just remember not to do anymore cakes for this person... I won't for sure.. It is just that I put so many hours and days into making it perfect as possible and they blew it up.. Not very happy...

I wouldn't make any more cakes for them either.  They don't deserve it.

Oh Kelly

How horrible.  Was the whole intent to "Blow" up the cake in the 1st place?????? I was upset when my niece dropped her cake topper, it smashed into a million bits, and she thought it was funny.  That is nothing compared to this.  Some people are just plain ignorant.... that's all I can say Michelle. Obviously, you won't be making cake for them anymore. I know I would have been tempted to respond to the video by saying something like...... "Some people are born stupid & ignorant...& stay that way till they die" 

But my hubby I know would have said, don't give them the satisfaction of a response, that is what they are looking for.   Stupid is as Stupid does.   Try not to dwell too much on this, know it is heart breaking. There so many other customers out there that will enjoy your cakes.

Awww Kelly, I was soooo sad that you have to see this video.  As I was reading the way you felt, I am sure I would have felt the same way, (probably I would have an anxiety attack, which I hate those)...cried the whole nine yards...sometimes we have to deal with people that are so ignorant.  So sorry, I hope you feel better by now.

Thank you all so much for understanding.. You are all right in saying they will NEVER get another cake from me.. Hugs to you all.. you all made my day better...

I'm glad you are doing better about this.

OMG Kelly I read your post and felt so sorry foy you and incredibly angry at these thoughtless, cruel  and callous people, HOW COULD THEY!!!!! I know how much time and effort goes into ever cake all of our friends post on cwb and from personal experience I know how "uptight" i get in the last day and on the day of delivery, and although I get so much satisfaction from seeing the cake cut and people enjoying eating it this would make me want to kill.

Try not to take it to heart there will always be these stupid imbeciles out there who take all our hard graft for granted I know but me and all your other friends on here know how much this would have hurt anyone of us.

My heavens, Kelly! How awful for you! I cannot imagine someone doing that! That is one reason I hate those cake shows on TV sometimes. I know I saw on The Next Great Baker once where they took all of the contestant's cakes out and blew them up. The look on their faces was horror. They had put so much time and effort into their cakes only to have them blown up! How the baking industry has been cheapened by some of those cake shows. Yes, yes, you do have every right to be upset. It's too bad that they weren't upfront with you from the very beginning. Right then, you could have told them to go to a grocery store as it would save them money. I'm afraid they would be black balled from my client list.

I know how heart wrenching this was for you, and I'm sorry you had to go through it.  I get angry when people just want to touch a cake - who wants their germs, anyway?

I hope you were paid for your beautiful work. Also, you mentioned that you requested the support be returned. If it isn't, demand payment for it! If the person doesn't pay for it, take them to small claims court. Maybe that will make them think twice about destroying other people's property, at least.

Good Morning everyone.. I want to say thank you to each and every one of you.. I knew that I could come to this wonderful group and get some understanding.. I am much better today than I was the day the video was posted.. I knew when I made the cake that something in the back of my mind was telling me don't.. you know sometimes you get that little fella on your shoulder telling you "don't do it" well I hade him that day.. But, I didn't listen as I had never done a cake for this person before... I can say, Never again.. I have told her that also.. "Just a cake"?.. It is but when I put 3 days into making it and my pride it no longer is "Just a cake".. I was/am still proud of what I made.. It might not have been perfect but to me it was close.. Thank you all again for understanding.. You are all a fantastic group of people.. I appreciate you all so much.. My heart is no longer in my toes.. Thank YOU.....

Heck Kelly, I've only just seen this post and I'm sorry I missed it initially.  My temptation here is to let rip with a torrent of my excellent command of the english language swearing dictionary.  But out of respect for my fellow CWBers, I won't!  Bunch of morons, the lot of them.  What also really bothers me is this gun culture thing - what the heck is that all about anyway?  And as Angela says - who would even think of doing something like this?  And think it was funny?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service